Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default V1 LO Emissions Question

I recently got my v1 in the mail and I have really been enjoying it. I do have a question about LO Emissions. I drove in the car for about an hour today and got a headache. I am worried that the detector could be putting out too many microwaves for me. Does anyone have any info regarding this topic? Thanks! -- Forgot to mention: I already hardwired it!!!

Good Citizen

Default Re: V1 LO Emissions Question

Quote Originally Posted by V1LEXUS View Post
    I recently got my v1 in the mail and I have really been enjoying it. I do have a question about LO Emissions. I drove in the car for about an hour today and got a headache. I am worried that the detector could be putting out too many microwaves for me. Does anyone have any info regarding this topic? Thanks! -- Forgot to mention: I already hardwired it!!!
    My girlfriend is the most sensitive person I have ever saw to getting headaches.

If she smells something too strong --- headache
    If she hears something sudden really loud --- headache

You get the point, I have been running my new V1 since Christmas day and haven't had any problems.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by V1LEXUS View Post
    Are you kidding?

If anything, you'll get a headache from the beeping before the LO emissions.

Radar Fanatic

Time to get a Belscort M3 If LO emissions cause headaches imagine the pain felt by cobra users.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dpatel01 View Post
    Time to get a Belscort M3 If LO emissions cause headaches imagine the pain felt by cobra users.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by dpatel01 View Post
    Yeah, if V1 is causing headaches due to microwave emissions, the cobra is like your brain being in a 1000 watt microwave oven.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by LAC_STS View Post

My girlfriend is the most sensitive person I have ever saw to getting headaches.

And if you ever get married a new trigger will occur...the word "sex".

(I'll bet many of us right now are wondering if we got a relative)

Newcomer

Has there been a legitimate test on Lo emissions from r/d's... ????who know's in 10-20yrs they may conclude the possibility of health risks associated with r/d's. Look at the stories coming out of mobile phone usage.

Good Citizen

[quote=V1LEXUS;660977]I recently got my v1 in the mail and I have really been enjoying it. I do have a question about LO Emissions. I drove in the car for about an hour today and got a headache. I am worried that the detector could be putting out too many microwaves for me. Does anyone have any info regarding this topic? Thanks! -- Forgot to mention: I already hardwired it!!![/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    Has there been a legitimate test on Lo emissions from r/d's... ????who know's in 10-20yrs they may conclude the possibility of health risks associated with r/d's. Look at the stories coming out of mobile phone usage.
    Interesting post.

As the V1 has a horn pointing out the rear, and if you mount it right in front of you, could you get a larger shot of LO Emissions? ... Of course if you were to ask the maker, they would say it's not harmful. Just like all the cell phone companies tell us you can use their phones all you want with no problem.

BTW: you said ... Forgot to mention: I already hardwired it!!

Be careful if you decide to send back the V1. Make sure you don't cut a wire from your hardwire when removing. You can read my deal with Valentine. I'm going to protest the return charges with my credit card company as soon as I get my statement.

Cheers .. Ben, OH

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Monte1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LAC_STS View Post

And if you ever get married a new trigger will occur...the word "sex".

(I'll bet many of us right now are wondering if we got a relative)
    Where is the "like" button?
    Not that I like it, but I concur... ha