Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default I did it! Ordered a V1!

I broke down and ordered a V1 to run with my STi-R.

I got tired of waiting to see if the Cheetah Mirror was going to materialize, so I spent the money on the V1. Once it comes available again, I will work it out to add to the total system.

Together, they should be a killer combination. :happy feet:

Wife gets the IX and I will either sell the X50 (great back-up RD) or keep it just to play with.

I am a dedicated Belscort fan and probably always will be, but I wanted to say that I at least gave the V1 it's fair shot.

This combination of STi-R and new V1 tied with my Blinder M47 (recently tested at MOAC) should give me a very solid set of countermeasures that will give me a fighting chance!

If I can't stand it, I will send it back, but I have to admit that after the meeting at MOAC this past weekend, it appeared that the ideal set-up consisted of the Belscort remote, V1 and one of the top two jammers.

Excited to try out the arrows!

snoopyc4

Default Re: I did it! Ordered a V1!

I've said this over and over again to long time Belscort users. Whether you keep the V1 or not all depends on if you can tolerate the false alerts. Because you will get a ton. Patience is key and so is programming in some cases. The arrows are key for knowing when you are out of a false area location. The V1 really shines on the open highway; no more playing the "where is the LEO coming from" game. The good news is that you are used to running the STi-r which falses quite a bit in the city so I'm assuming you aren't used to a quiet ride. Read the stickies about muting options and turn off POP. If X isn't used in your area, turn it off as well.
    Last edited by snoopyc4; 03-01-2010 at 10:52 PM.

Speed Demon

Congrats!

Newcomer

congrats getting a V1

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    I've said this over and over again to long time Belscort users. Whether you keep the V1 or not all depends on if you can tolerate the false alerts. Because you will get a ton. Patience is key and so is programming in some cases. The arrows are key for knowing when you are out of a false area location. The V1 really shines on the open highway; no more playing the "where is the LEO coming from" game. The good news is that you are used to running the STi-r which falses quite a bit in the city so I'm assuming you aren't used to a quiet ride. Read the stickies about muting options and turn off POP. If X isn't used in your area, turn it off as well.
    I will definitely set it up based off the advise of the forum. This will be used strictly for the highway.

I can use the IX in town and around the city.

I was really hoping to get a Cheetah Mirror with interface, but that is still to be determined based off of Cheetah's future with the mirror.

Professional
    west coast of the ___American Corporatocracy___ X-band is alive-deadly-expensive

Welcome to
    The Light

no more
    "he's there, but where?"
    wondering

check out the red and tan links, below my V-1 face, for programming insight

Newcomer

I've got V1 and it's the best by far in detecting multinovas in Aust (I'm not too sure if the cops use them in UK or US). Just bought a vertical holder for the v1 and will let you know if it does improve.

Power User

Welcome

Old Timer

congrats you will love it

Banned

Getting mine today, but forgot my 12v power source to play with it at work.

Will be setting every possible filter so I don't throw it out the window. Just hope it doesn't feel like a waist of money with all the filter settings.