Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default I called Valentine Research

I haven't been paying attention to the situation but I understand that for quite some time the Valentine 1 site has indicated 'out of stock' on getting a new V1. I have two very recent ones and don't need another, but thought it would seem strange for them to have gone under so I got on the phone and gave them a call.

Waited a fair amount of time hearing the 'Hi, this is Mike, sorry we're so busy but please hang on, we'll get to you shortly', and then I did get a nice lady on the phone.

What she told me (and I have no way of knowing if it's true) is that they had to change suppliers, apparently on a very critical part of the V1, and it was proving a lot harder than expected to come up with a new supplier. She said that they had gotten in some parts and were doing testing, and hopefully in a few weeks they'd be back up in production.

Now it seems to me that IF they WERE out of business the phones would be shut off ("the number you have reached is not in service") or certainly nobody would bother to pick up a customer phone call line to speak to someone just to feed them a story. So I'm going to venture a guess that what the lady told me is true and that they will be resuming production. I do think that they should have posted something on their website to explain more than 'out of stock' for many months on end though.

Advanced Member

Thumbs up Re: I called Valentine Research

Hey neighbor. Many in here have wondered with baited breath on this one. It almost seems they've gone undercover on the whole bit. I'm sure I speak for many when I say thanks for the update!

Kmeleon

Advanced Member

Default Re: I called Valentine Research

The question is, "Will they hold off for the new V1 which WILL show up in a few months, that has their new applied for patent design?" It will be a matter of time only and I expect the unit will sell like hot cakes with his fan base. Mike will squeeze every -dbm out of the unit's new internal design for his pride drives him to beat all.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by North Alabama View Post
    The question is, "Will they hold off for the new V1 which WILL show up in a few months, that has their new applied for patent design?" It will be a matter of time only and I expect the unit will sell like hot cakes with his fan base. Mike will squeeze every -dbm out of the unit's new internal design for his pride drives him to beat all.
    Now to squeeze the box down so it won't block out the sun.

Kmeleon

Advanced Member

Horns! It beefs me when these boxes are so big and heavy they don't stay stuck and eclipse the sun on the window. The problem is the horn antenna's inside should be large to pick up a signal. If the horn is small we need to boost the reception using electronic amplification creating more noise and falsies. I need a small box on the windscreens I drive due to screen angle and screen size. IMO, the R7 is a great detector, but like the V1, just another shoe box blocking my view.

Kmeleon

Good Citizen

For those interested, Valentine is shipping pre order V1Generation 2’s right now and should be shipping them starting next week.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by camkuhns View Post
    For those interested, Valentine is shipping pre order V1Generation 2’s right now and should be shipping them starting next week.
    Great news! I can't wait to see some photos of the new one. Do you have some good links?

Kmeleon

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by camkuhns View Post
    Great news! I can't wait to see some photos of the new one. Do you have some good links?

Kmeleon
    Well there is the Valentine 1 website that has been updated last week and you can go to radar detector forum.org. Members have posted pics of the V1G2, both inside and outside.

Advanced Member

Unless things have changed, rd.org has been hacked by China, as my bud in Alabama and I have uncovered. You could not pay me to visit a site that dumps unremovable stuff on a hard drive. Could you post some nice photo links in here without betraying yourself, or this site, as I've requested?

Thank you,

Kmeleon

Advanced Member

I see it picks up shopping centers. Nice to know that when I get hungry. Now if there was a Burger King locater button. All fun aside, by now these guys we drop $499+ on really need to discriminate those bogies. Sadly, our government could produce a better radar detector than these guys we support. I see it's longer, but narrower, that's nice! Does it stay stuck? Space age casing? Why? Pict's look like same ol, same ol, but the left knob. Stay tuned.

Kmeleon