Advanced Member

Default Unknown secret about the V1G2?

When I get hit with I/O, my old V1 screams at me at full volume and that is the only way would have it (mostly with weaker signals at a lower tab volume) to determine emergency hits. Read this: One thing I definitely don’t like is how the V1 alerts to strong I/O hits. Normally when you get blasted with instant on radar at point blank, your radar detector will immediately start screaming bloody murder. With the V1 Gen2 though, it’ll alert as a weak signal first and then it’ll ramp up in signal strength and start alerting full tilt. I don’t like this behavior because it’s not representative of what you’re experiencing and it doesn’t communicate the urgency of what’s going on so I hope Valentine addresses this in a future update....... This was by Vortex. If true, I will not buy into a non live RD.....
    Last edited by North Alabama; 06-10-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Unknown seceret about the V1G2?

Yea, what you're referring to is receiver signal strength calibration. In amateur radio it's calls an "s signal." Frustrating what you're describing it is. Simply put, the closer to the transmitting signal a receiver is the stronger the receiver should react. With regard to what your describing, I'm surprised that Valentine overlooked proper calibration of their radar detector reaction to said signal. :/

Kmeleon
    Last edited by Kmeleon; 06-11-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Unknown secret about the V1G2?

Quote Originally Posted by North Alabama View Post
    When I get hit with I/O, my old V1 screams at me at full volume and that is the only way would have it (mostly with weaker signals at a lower tab volume) to determine emergency hits. Read this: One thing I definitely don’t like is how the V1 alerts to strong I/O hits. Normally when you get blasted with instant on radar at point blank, your radar detector will immediately start screaming bloody murder. With the V1 Gen2 though, it’ll alert as a weak signal first and then it’ll ramp up in signal strength and start alerting full tilt. I don’t like this behavior because it’s not representative of what you’re experiencing and it doesn’t communicate the urgency of what’s going on so I hope Valentine addresses this in a future update....... This was by Vortex. If true, I will not buy into a non live RD.....
    This is not as unknown as you think it is.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Unknown seceret about the V1G2?

Not calibration, suppression of the indication of the initial strong signal strength. Not good. Prevents slamming on the brakes when hit with I/O, because you don't have any way to know if it is an I/O or Q/T.