Thread: Cameras

Newcomer

Default Cameras

Today at 4 intersections i may have (finally) found (the cause of) what i (originally) thought was X+K/sweep 'falsing'.

They appear to be small+, rectangular (enclosed in a box w/a window) cameras. They are 'unmarked' & pretty easy to miss (if you aren't specifically looking)

The amount of times i've went under them & not noticed (while the RD is blowing up none the less) is nearly embarrassing - Part of the reason (my excuse) is they are detected (at) a bit+ of a distance away, as a result of being @ the top of a hill. (ie, coming up the hill) - They also seem to give off a hefty+ signal.

They sit on the signal poles facing down/toward you. Not far from the traffic signals themselves.

Around Here: What makes these unique is they not similar in size & shape to the most commonly used (much easier to spot) light controlling cameras. - They are also not near the size/position/etc of (the) red/light photo cameras.

Around Here: The most commonly used light controlling cameras are somewhat long, white, have a round-shaped top/case, sit higher off the pole (actually on their own pole) & do not cause RD's to blow off.

Any insight on these?

At one particular intersection i'm 99%+ sure the camera was not there a little over a month ago. (the RD was not blowing up @ that intersection back then)

Anyways, i believe these to be (a) cause of the X+K/sweep 'confusion' (here, anyways)

Are these simply (older? yet still used?) signal controlling cameras? What's with the X+K Sweep situation + these? Is this a 'false' or .. ? Judging Speed.. ?

Newcomer

Default Re: Cameras

we have those at like every intersection since 2007. They just sprung up! It's not speed detector to my knowledge, and they never set my radar off. It's a red light camera here.

not sure about your city.

Thininking of getting that Cheetah C100 GPS red light unit though.

or I could just use the garmin I suppose, I tend to leave it at home around town, I know the city like the back of my hand.

Good Citizen

What color are they? I have some that are gray in color and some of them emit X some use K.

Newcomer

Yes they have some here in Tampa, Fl. Over in the Citrus park area that set my radar off all the time.

Radar Fanatic

We've had them here at almost every lighted intersection for longer than I've been using RDs. All I've seen is X-band, so they get filtered out well.