PDA

View Full Version : New install need test in Gaithersburg, MD area

deckman
04-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Can someone help me out? I would like to see if I have the heads aligned properly and know I am protected. I am in Gburg but can travel anywhere in the DC area. Thanks in advance.

Since I just hooked everything up this weekend I have a question and a comment. My switch does not light up when turned on. I assume it should. Any ideas why this might be happening?

There is so much emphasis here on aligning the heads perfectly. I achieved that vertically but wonder if they were off a hair would it really matter? The road you are on is rarely level. I'm not sure if I have them aligned horizontally. I couldn't think of a way to measure that.

deckman
04-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I may have thought this was easier than it is. I kept seeing post to the effect of "OK you have it installed, now get it tested" as though it was an easy thing. After reading more it sounds like you need a gun, which most people don't have lying around. I can hope though.

I have some friends who know cops so as a last resort I could ask them to see if one would help on the DL, but that is kind of a last resort.

crazyVOLVOrob
04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Probably no one in the area to test your set-up you could rent a laser gun from Suf Daddy and then test it.

Post some pictures of your installation and we'll be able to tell you if you are protected enough until you meet someone with a gun or rent one

speed-dreams
04-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Don't show cops in your area friends or not, that jammers work... If you get pulled over, you're done...

deckman
04-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Pics attached

crazyVOLVOrob
04-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Your heads don't look level and don't look like they are pointed straight down the road

category4
04-27-2009, 06:44 PM
I agree with Rob, looks like you might want to make sure heads are level and pointed straight ahead.

deckman
04-27-2009, 06:57 PM
They are level but pointing straight isn't so easy. You could be right about that. As you can see I have a curved bumper, but I guess most cars do. The pictures aren't great, I'll try again tomorrow.

speed-dreams
04-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Bubbles out?
No offense, it looks angled out... But overall very nice install...
Get your setup tested if you can, you can decide better where the optimum mounting places are...

crazyVOLVOrob
04-27-2009, 08:50 PM
They are level but pointing straight isn't so easy. You could be right about that. As you can see I have a curved bumper, but I guess most cars do. The pictures aren't great, I'll try again tomorrow.If they aren't pointing straight I wouldn't trust the installation until you can get it tested. Angling heads out isn't the best idea

deckman
04-28-2009, 08:41 AM
uUdated pics of install. It's still hard for me to tell if they are straight. If anything they may be angled slightly inward?

rockets713
04-28-2009, 09:15 AM
uUdated pics of install. It's still hard for me to tell if they are straight. If anything they may be angled slightly inward?

the "bubbles" to be out not in, towards the headlight.

crazyVOLVOrob
04-28-2009, 10:23 AM
the "bubbles" to be out not in, towards the headlight.
For that install I would recommend Bubbles in possibly judging just how wide the heads are and the primary aiming point is center mass

djrams80
04-28-2009, 11:33 AM
:dito: Bubbles in. The idea is to get the bubbles centered on each half of the vehicle for the best coverage.

deckman
04-29-2009, 05:49 AM
I also have another question about how I am setup. As you can see I have no front license plate. My state does require them. Up to this point there hasn't been a problem but I never had sensors there before. I am concerned the lack of a plate combined with a jam situation could invite a LEO to pull me over. Do you agree?

Stealth Stalker
04-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Yes, I do. With a properly installed jammer, you won't have to worry about your center mass, so put your plate back on and put a lightly Veiled Laser Shield over it. That way the lack of a plate does not become that "final straw" that either has them pull you over and/or cite you.

Rule #3 of Stealth: Don't do anything to your car that attracts attention.

You've already violated rules #1 and 2: Don't drive a car that attracts attention, and don't drive in a way that attracts attention. No sense in going for three.

deckman
04-29-2009, 12:27 PM
I figured as much. I don't have it on simply because I don't like the looks. I will put it on now though.

Stealth Stalker
04-29-2009, 12:33 PM
A coat of Veil results in a colour that is quite complimentary to your car. Not quite as nice as no plate at all, but not completely fugly either.

hockey005
04-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Bubbles out?
No offense, it looks angled out... But overall very nice install...
Get your setup tested if you can, you can decide better where the optimum mounting places are...

x2 bubbles out