Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default X-Band in Ontario - really close call!!

While I have read about it, but now I have seen it. There is X-Band in Ontario. I was going north this weekend with my STI on doing about 150km. I picked up an X band, but there was a microwave tower ahead so I figured that was it. It kept getting stronger, but I ignored it. Lucky for me I was following a rabbit because all of the sudden I saw an OPP motorcycle and he spun around and pulled the guy over in front of me. It was very lucky and I now pay attention to X-band. FYI it was on the 400 just north of Barrie. Don't turn off X-Band if you are in Ontario!!!

Advanced Member

Xband on a OPP bike?? Somebody else posted about this and I thought they full of it. Me thinks I owe somebody an apology

Good Citizen

X band up North doesn't really surprise me. What area where you in or how far up north were you?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by spankyaf
    Xband on a OPP bike?? Somebody else posted about this and I thought they full of it. Me thinks I owe somebody an apology
    He he, I think that may have been me, but no worries. I never thought twice about it.

Newcomer

lots of X band North of Barrie im tellin ya

got shot with it 3 times this weekend alone....

twice by OPP bikes and once in a local LEO in a cruiser

8)

Advanced Member

I've said it before....................I would not turn off X Band in Ontario.

Good Citizen

Ontario is a pretty big place. Take Texas and multiply it by 3. In southern Ontario I have yet to see X band but for sure up north I'd leave it on. I'm assuming the smaller forces up there are more cash strapped and likely using older equipment. Why throw a perfectly good working Xband gun especially when you can't afford to replace it.

Yoda of Radar

Ontario is huge, and it's WIDE... I've driven clear across Canada, and Ontario takes forever and ever and ever, Manitoba is over in about 15-20 minutes and that is if you stop in Winnipeg for lunch, Saskatchewan is maybe a half hour and Alberta is just a skip and a hop and before you know it you are about to plow through a marijuana plantation and into the Pacific

Mind you I guess it's partially because Western Ontario sucks :P The "Trans-Canada Highway" is almost made of gravel and full of logging trucks, and it's just a little path between the conifer trees, and sometimes they open a "passing lane" to pass the trucks, always uphill, then you are stuck behind another 75 km/h truck Whereas in the Prairies it's all beautiful flat, straight 4 lane divided tarmac...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Ontario is huge, and it's WIDE... I've driven clear across Canada, and Ontario takes forever and ever and ever, Manitoba is over in about 15-20 minutes and that is if you stop in Winnipeg for lunch, Saskatchewan is maybe a half hour and Alberta is just a skip and a hop and before you know it you are about to plow through a marijuana plantation and into the Pacific

Mind you I guess it's partially because Western Ontario sucks :P The "Trans-Canada Highway" is almost made of gravel and full of logging trucks, and it's just a little path between the conifer trees, and sometimes they open a "passing lane" to pass the trucks, always uphill, then you are stuck behind another 75 km/h truck Whereas in the Prairies it's all beautiful flat, straight 4 lane divided tarmac...
    It took me 3 days (with 2 overnight stops) to hit Phoenix, AZ, thru Windsor-Detroit border crossing, with the local speed limits how long would take me to hit Calgary for instance (Toronto-Calgary same distance as Tor-Phoenix, I think) driving only on Canadian roads (so no Detroit-Chicago-Minneapolis-Billings-Great Falls, MT-Calgary)?

Good Citizen

i got confirmed x band on the 401 on sunday. there was overcast so no laser in use. black cv. was pointing the other direction but sti picked it up about 1-2km away at least