Default Beltronics RX65 questions...

As some of you know, I am having problems with my RX65 as stated in my last post. I am going to have it sent in to get looked at. I have a few more questions on the top of my head

1)Do ebay detectors not work as good as a detector from say Roy? As in work as good, I mean detect radar and laser as good?
    2)Should I keep KA on International which is stock or switch over to USA?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Beltronics RX65 questions...

ebay detectors are refurbished, so there is a chance they could work as good as Roy's but, probably not. I bought one on ebay, because I'm a cheap ass. Only problem I can find with it is pop doesn't seem to do anything (never gotten a pop false) but there is no pop in this area. I got lucky. Most who get from ebay have to send it in and get it repaired which costs $80 more then what they paid for originally.

I have mine set to international mode. It is all preference. See, USA mode detects faster, but international mode detects more. Aka Int. is: more falses, less distance then USA. Why use Intl then? Well if a police officer shoots a gun that is off calibration it might shoot in a way USA mode will not detect. I've never come across a cop like this, but I don't want to risk it. It is personal preference.

Default rx65 bought from ebay

i bought my rx65 from ebay like 2-3 months ago and it still works good knock on wood u know.

well my detector had the problem with the SELF CAL message then a SERVICE NEEDED message. Now it wont even turn on....the ebay seller I bought it from said to send it back and ifs found to be a manufactor' defect I will get it replaced. Im thinking of getting it replaced and reselling on ebay and getting the V1. Seems like a lot of the RX65 and x50's have the SELF CAL errors

Speed Demon

Default Re: Beltronics RX65 questions...

Quote Originally Posted by bunny
    ebay detectors are refurbished, so there is a chance they could work as good as Roy's but, probably not. I bought one on ebay, because I'm a cheap ass. Only problem I can find with it is pop doesn't seem to do anything (never gotten a pop false) but there is no pop in this area. I got lucky. Most who get from ebay have to send it in and get it repaired which costs $80 more then what they paid for originally.

I have mine set to international mode. It is all preference. See, USA mode detects faster, but international mode detects more. Aka Int. is: more falses, less distance then USA. Why use Intl then? Well if a police officer shoots a gun that is off calibration it might shoot in a way USA mode will not detect. I've never come across a cop like this, but I don't want to risk it. It is personal preference.
    Actually INT mode produces less falses that USA mode. INT mode scans all 4 Ka bands whereas USA just scan 3 making it more sensitive but more subceptive to falses.