Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

ok, first off, yes I know buying radar detectors off ebay are a big mistake! But, I bought it before I found this website. This website has taught me A LOT! I greatly appreciate this! And trust me, I definitely will not be buying from unathorized dealer again. Matter a fact, I will definitely buy from Radar Roy, or from Mike.

Azonehits, you make a very good point! That aint VASCAR ur talking about is it? Cause if not, you could be right. The cop was cool. He let me play with my radar detector, I asked him to turn it on while I was messing with it. He said it was on, I walked back to his car, and he was like, "I'll show you its on, wait for a car to come by." A car came by and it showed its speed. I went back to my car but it still wasnt going off. But, we talked a little more, and when I was walking back to my car, I heard my radar detector going off. I kinda hope you are right about that, cause then maybe my radar detector isnt messed up. but that still makes me mad!!!!

Radar Fanatic

Sorry to hear of your ticket
    Was it lidar, Prolasor 3?
    RR

Good Citizen

I guess the next step is reading the forum on beating your ticket now. A working detector is 100 times better than driving blind. :-)

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by NRTrackChamp2004

Azonehits, you make a very good point! That aint VASCAR ur talking about is it? Cause if not, you could be right. The cop was cool. He let me play with my radar detector, I asked him to turn it on while I was messing with it. He said it was on, I walked back to his car, and he was like, "I'll show you its on, wait for a car to come by." A car came by and it showed its speed. I went back to my car but it still wasnt going off. But, we talked a little more, and when I was walking back to my car, I heard my radar detector going off. I kinda hope you are right about that, cause then maybe my radar detector isnt messed up. but that still makes me mad!!!!
    The Kustom Eagle police radar has a stopwatch mode and it works like VASCAR without using his antenna's. Was he in front of you when he clocked you? If he was, he could have used a very short burst of instant on - a fraction of a second and most RX65 won't pick it up but he has to be very close and you should have good visual of him. If he chased to stop you without you seeing him, there is a good chance that he used his stopwatch mode where your RX65 didn't sound a beep. Neither the X50, V1 or even using a rabbit can't help you becasue there are no radar signals to detect. The worse case scenario is that your radar unit is broke. But with the circumstance given(your radar went off when you went back to your car),i doubt that your unit is broke since there was no self cal message.

The officer most likely is a seasoned one and he surely knows how your radar detector works and most importantly, he knows how to use his radar unit to suppress your radar unit. If you knew how his radar works, you should have an idea if he was using his stopwatch mode because it will show time in seconds in the lock window and your speed in the target window. In this mode, there is not much any radar detector can do because there is no radar signal to detect. If you look at the reviews of the RX65, it's one of the best.

One thing to learn is not to depend on your radar detector too much or you get nailed. Browse this forum and learn about the strength's and weaknesses of your RX65. I own a couple police radar units because i wanted to know what their strength's and weakenesses are. By being on both sides of the issue, it helps some.

Good Citizen

Azone, thanks a lot!!!! Yes, I have read all about the RX-65. But, a question for you, is it legal for a cop to issue a ticket with this technique? Or is that kinda like POP, where an officer cant (isnt suppose to) issue a ticket. I'm definitely about to look some information up about this, cause I'm defintely fighting this. I'm even tempted to call the officer up and see if this is what he did. But, thanks for the inlightenment!!!!!!

Power User

Azone, thanks a lot!!!! Yes, I have read all about the RX-65. But, a question for you, is it legal for a cop to issue a ticket with this technique? Or is that kinda like POP, where an officer cant (isnt suppose to) issue a ticket. I'm definitely about to look some information up about this, cause I'm defintely fighting this. I'm even tempted to call the officer up and see if this is what he did. But, thanks for the inlightenment!!!!!!
    If he did it by the book and there were no error message showing in his radar unit, there is a good possibility that it is legal. However, each state has their own laws and you have to do some research about it first. I don't think calling the officer will help you in any way because they have to right to use the option/features of their radar system. If using the stopwatch mode is illegal, then it should have not been printed in the kutom golden eagle manual. But it is in the manual page 7.13.

Good Citizen

but isnt POP in the manual for the radar units with POP? I've been reading information about it, and it probably is legit to use. But, I wanna call the officer for more than that reason. On my ticket, he wrote the court date, but when giving it to me, he changed it, and wrote it on only my print of the copy, so it isnt on his copy. So I'm afraid he wont change the date on his copy, then I wont "show up for court on my date", causing a warrent for my arrest. Plus he lied to me about the legailty of laser jammers. I just want to talk to him again. He was cool. We talked for awhile about stuff when he gave me the ticket. So I just want to talk to him again to confrim that DSP is what he used, and to confirm my court date.

Power User

but isnt POP in the manual for the radar units with POP?
    In your original post you said that the radar unit he was using was a kustom radar. Kustom radar unit don't have the POP feature.

Good Citizen

i know that. I was just saying.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by "NRTrackChamp2004
    On my ticket, he wrote the court date, but when giving it to me, he changed it, and wrote it on only my print of the copy, so it isnt on his copy. So I'm afraid he wont change the date on his copy, then I wont "show up for court on my date", causing a warrent for my arrest. Plus he lied to me about the legailty of laser jammers. I just want to talk to him again. He was cool. We talked for awhile about stuff when he gave me the ticket. So I just want to talk to him again to confrim that DSP is what he used, and to confirm my court date.
    At the back of your ticket or citation, there is usually a phone number or a place where you have to go for your court appearance. Call that number or place where you will be having your court appearance and verify it from them and then complain if the date is not the same. Even though he wrote to change the date in your ticket, it is also early to prejudge the cop. Best thing to do is compare the courts date or data and see if it matches your court appearance date and there, you can make your conclusions. I don't think he's trying to change dates to let you not show up in court because the evidence is in your hand and favor.

I'm sorry to hear your situation and seems like you're really pissed off about it. Sometimes our emotions run high and don't rationalize the situation. At almost 20 mph over the speed limit, that's wreckless driving in some states. I'm sure some of the members including me got several citations in the past speeding but we all learn from it. No radar detector can protect us 100%. Good luck.