Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Newcomer

Default what's wrong with my new sti?

I just bought the new sti last week (iam new in this) and the serial no. is xxxxxxx 2407........and I read about the 33.8 bug,,,,,,how it is possible that they sent me one without fix ????

Newcomer

where'd you buy from,bel? I got a fleabay one earlier this month and its a 3307. I would think it would be the other way around

Newcomer

from circuit city,customer order

Yoda of Radar

Return it. :wink:

Professional

do this test first to see if it has the fix.

Anyway, if your display's brightness now automatically takes up to two minutes to go from fully bright to fully dim or vice versa, then your STi is almost guaranteed to have the bug fix. I say "almost guaranteed" simply because one forum member said that some recent STi's before the bug fix was released also had the slowly changing display brightness. And yet nobody else has confirmed this.

The simplest way to test your STi's autobrightness display behavior is to wait until it is getting dark outside, shine a flashlight at the right side of the display, and then power up your STi. Now turn off the flashlight. It should take about 2 minutes for the display to slowly dim to its minimum brightness, and you will see the display dim through several stages with each stage approximately 10 to 15 seconds apart. Once the display has darkened all the way, shine the flashlight at your STi again and note that it will take about two minutes for the display to fully brighten again. If the display behaves like this, then its almost guaranteed that your STi has the bug fix. If the display dims or brightens much more quickly than this (test using your flashlight), then your STi does not have the latest firmware with the bugfix.

Assuming that you recently sent your STi in for either repair or for the new flash and if you have a good memory of exactly where your STi (in Highway mode) would begin to pick up specific X or K false alerts, then you should pick up those X or K false alerts slightly sooner if your STi has the bugfix.
    if that dosent work
    for some reason CC has not gotten any past 2407 ive tried them to many times , just send it to BEl for the latest filmware,they should update it for free .

Newcomer

oh thanks, i will try that tonight. i have the sti for two weeks. in one trip from miami to port charlotte by i75, the sti alerted me since 2.2 miles in ka band(sorry no tech display)...when i returned to miami the next day, it did the same (2.2 miles in ka); the police car was there.

Newcomer

I've gotten mine 2 months ago with the same date code.
    I guess they don't sell too many.

Newcomer

i did the test with a flash light; the sti display took 5 seconds to change to the first stage, then it took ~ 2 seconds between the rest of stages ( ~ 10 stages). In total, it took 20 seconds for the whole change. :?:

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr
    I've gotten mine 2 months ago with the same date code.
    I guess they don't sell too many.
    Well, remember only 6% of drivers use a RD, and of those 6%, how many buy them at CC, not that many id think, then also think of the ones that actually do, how many buy a Bel, some might prefer Whistler, or get sucked into crapra's marketing, so i cant imagine thier turn around of the Bels is enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by omeris
    i did the test with a flash light; the sti display took 5 seconds to change to the first stage, then it took ~ 2 seconds between the rest of stages ( ~ 10 stages). In total, it took 20 seconds for the whole change.
    Sounds like its not flashed.

Quote Originally Posted by omeris
    i did the test with a flash light; the sti display took 5 seconds to change to the first stage, then it took ~ 2 seconds between the rest of stages ( ~ 10 stages). In total, it took 20 seconds for the whole change. :?:
    Hi omeris,

Its got the older firmware. Fortunately Bel will re-flash your STi with the latest firmware with the 33.8 bugfix for free -- and they will pay the shipping both ways as well. Since you bought it from CC, be sure to include a photocopy of your sales receipt along with a note stating that this is a newly purchased STi which simply needs the firmware re-flashed with the latest firmware that fixes the 33.8 issue. Also, Bel should give you a special expedited RMA number which will have three letters appended to the end of the number.

--Michael