Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new 940

Newcomer

Default my new 940

after getting 2 speeding tickets, I finally listened to my friend and got invested in a radar detector. As a "n00b" I was planning on purchasing a crapbra on black friday (as there are always sales) but actually did my homework and glad that I did. Found that the v940 was a good detector for the budget and after checking out the GOL's tests I decided to puchase a v940.

I tested it around town and got falses (again im a noob and didnt realize that here in pa, local leos cant use radar for catching speeders, and only smokeys can). After testing it on the highway, I almost regretted buying it as I drove right past a smokey but it did not go off (he seemed to be fiddling in his car, I thought he maybe just was about to turn it on or w/e). Later, I got a weak ka but it was constant...looking around I couldnt find the leo until finally after a curve I spotted flashing lights way in the distance. It was at this moment that I knew I made a great investment, my 940 picked up the leo from at least 1 1/2 miles with a curve (although there was decent traffic). Later on however, I drove by 2 leos on the opposite side of the highway and it didnt go off so I was a little confused.

All in all, I love my new investment and hope it will serve me well until I can afford a v1 or something (i speed wayy too much, I realized I'm lucky and now dont speed as much---once I was doing 100 avg in a 65 and beat the gps' eta time by a good 45 min...yes Im an ex-lead/lead foot at times lol)

Yoda of Radar

If you are driving 100mph in a 65 you are an idiot and deserve a ticket.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    If you are driving 100mph in a 65 you are an idiot and deserve a ticket.
    haha i know but there was no one around me and i'm safe (i've yet to get into a car accident been driving for 4 years but i've driven in every condition such as terrible rain, fog, snow/ice, day night, you name it)

btw, i dont do it anymore i realized how stupid/lucky i was not to get a ticket and/or in an accident

Newcomer

Skario, congrats on the 940. It's a really solid unit. It has the range of some of the big boys. It just doesn't have all of the bells and whistles.

LJ93

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack93
    Skario, congrats on the 940. It's a really solid unit. It has the range of some of the big boys. It just doesn't have all of the bells and whistles.

LJ93
    x2

I own a 940 (s7) unit, unfortunately in for repair, but it's a great detector. I went to the 995 for the extra's.

Good Citizen

Default Re: my new 940

Quote Originally Posted by skario
    I drove by 2 leos on the opposite side of the highway and it didnt go off so I was a little confused.
    Remember that a radar detector is NOT a cop detector.

Congrats on your new purchase though.

Radar Fanatic

Well everone picks the speed at which they drive,, to each there own. But after reading nearly ever post on hear, Im tired of Dave, so **** it, I suppose Im banned after this, life goes on, I have enjoyed my time here.
    Just tired of this prick slamming anyone and everyone that doesnt run a V1 or agree with whatever he thinks is right. I doubt Im the only one that feels this way. Just had to do it. Been fun,,,,,,, later all

Speed Demon

Congrats on the 940. You'll find out over time that not ever cop you see, interstate or not, is running radar all the time. I've found on my commute that the state police rarely shoot on the move. Also, be away of other traffic enforcement methods such as VASCAR.

Newcomer

true that the radar detector is not a leo detector i guess being my first radar detector i expected it to pick up every leo but now i know better

and yes vascar is big in pa as well as enradd (local leos are not allowed to use radar to enforce speeding laws according to pa law but i believe there is a bill in state legislature attempting to change this)

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fire65
    Well everone picks the speed at which they drive,, to each there own. But after reading nearly ever post on hear, Im tired of Dave, so *BEEP* it, I suppose Im banned after this, life goes on, I have enjoyed my time here.
    Just tired of this prick slamming anyone and everyone that doesnt run a V1 or agree with whatever he thinks is right. I doubt Im the only one that feels this way. Just had to do it. Been fun,,,,,,, later all
    LOL