Good Citizen

Default NEWBIE STI DRIVER OWNER DO I HAVE 33.8 FIX?????

I just recieved a STI driver off Ebay used BTW BEST DETECTOR I HAVE EVER HAD!!! . I checked the firmware revision and its A4M9. The last four numbers are 1507 on the serial. I'm not sure where the date is when the unit was built. I read on one of the other posts about checking the unit to see if it dimm's fast. So I put the light to detector and within a few seconds it started dimming.. Does this mean it probably doesn't have the 33.8 fix. Should I send the unit out??? How long does it take to get back on average... Sorry for all the questions just want to know how to use this detector to the fullest...

Dave

Radar Fanatic

Yours has been built before that particular 33.8 "bug" fix!

Where do you live? Washington DC?

Old Timer

im going to send my back to get the fix too...the bel rep. told me 7-10 days and its $60 to get the newest revision

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: NEWBIE STI DRIVER OWNER DO I HAVE 33.8 FIX?????

Quote Originally Posted by dcdave78
    I just recieved a STI driver off Ebay used BTW BEST DETECTOR I HAVE EVER HAD!!! . I checked the firmware revision and its A4M9. The last four numbers are 1507 on the serial. I'm not sure where the date is when the unit was built. I read on one of the other posts about checking the unit to see if it dimm's fast. So I put the light to detector and within a few seconds it started dimming.. Does this mean it probably doesn't have the 33.8 fix. Should I send the unit out??? How long does it take to get back on average... Sorry for all the questions just want to know how to use this detector to the fullest...

Dave
    Your unit was produced before the 33.8 update. Serial numbers after 2607 (week 26 2007) have the new update.

J/

Good Citizen

I live in Guelph Ontario does the OPP use the 33.8 Feq ???

Dave

Power User

RW07 does not have the fix in his STI and has not reported any issues. Send him a pm about your area, he would know forsure what freq they use. I would use yours in tec mode so you can see what freq you encounter and what type of performance you experience before sending it off for a flash.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dcdave78
    I live in Guelph Ontario does the OPP use the 33.8 Feq ???

Dave
    OPP has no MPH radar units, the ones with the Ka 33.8, as a matter of fact they are using just K radar units... only Toronto Police is using MPH but so far I have not had any problems detecting them, they run DVP (401 to/from Gardiner), Gardiner to 427, Lakeshore E and W, I'm giving you areas where you have the proper roads to reach some high speeds and where they LOVE using their radar units... my STI is built in Aug '06, has got NO 33.8 "bug" fix and performs EXCELLENT so I have no intention to send it in for the reflash, this should be your own personal choice, for instance Jerry did that and he's pretty happy with the firmware update, if you want to get the reflash ask Jerry how he did it with the shipping from Toronto...

Also, right now I have no idea who is patrolling Guelph, is there any Guelph Police?, or the OPP?, regardless, YOU, as a resident of that city, MUST find out what radar units your local police is using, K or Ka (and which Ka?), for instance Durham Police (east of Toronto) is using Ka 35.5 in their unmarked Impalas...

I live in Toronto...

And as Freebird said, the best is to use your RD in tech mode, so you will be able to read the freq of the radar units used ANYWHERE you're getting REAL Ka alerts