Newcomer

Default Great Ka hit on my 955

Driving home late last night on a four lane road with lots of businesses on both sides. Got a one bar Ka alert for a few seconds then went away as i was going up a small hill. Top of the hill picked up one bar Ka again. Stayed at one bar for what seemed like forever. Ka started ramping up quicker to a full Ka alert. On the other side of the road coming toward me was a LEO running c/o Ka. I always get great range on c/o Ka but this was unreal so today i drove the route again to see how far the detection range was. I measured it at 3.1 miles. And that was to the spot where he passed me not to where it actually picked him up cause he was driving in the other direction. Just wanted to share it.

Old Timer

Great detection range...where do u live? im guessin a flat open area? but still IMHO anything over 2 miles in amazing (coming from NJ with tons of traffic, trees, hills, curves, etc..anything to block radar)

Newcomer

I live in upstate NY, Albany area. I have to say it was late at night and not much traffic. The road i was on is long and straight with a few small hills and alot of business on both sides of the road. But still that is exceptional range in real world driving.

Old Timer

agreed

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by junior8 View Post
    Driving home late last night on a four lane road with lots of businesses on both sides. Got a one bar Ka alert for a few seconds then went away as i was going up a small hill. Top of the hill picked up one bar Ka again. Stayed at one bar for what seemed like forever. Ka started ramping up quicker to a full Ka alert. On the other side of the road coming toward me was a LEO running c/o Ka. I always get great range on c/o Ka but this was unreal so today i drove the route again to see how far the detection range was. I measured it at 3.1 miles. And that was to the spot where he passed me not to where it actually picked him up cause he was driving in the other direction. Just wanted to share it.
    Assuming he's travelling about as fast as you, that would be about a 6.2 mile detection range!

I once picked up a Ka band alert, and wondered if my RD was on the fritz cause it went on for minutes...about 5 mintues -- so, with me travelling right on the posted 110 km/h, that would be about 6 miles again with my Bel rx 65.

Good save.

Good Citizen

i had a similar encounter and a road in newyork as well gotta say i think my 955 saved me three times already and its only been 4 days haha.

Newcomer

Default 955 range

i had the same type of experence today on the interstate. I was driving 100+ mph and got over 5 miles of ka detection from a LEO parked behind a tractor trailor, on the other side of the road, through heavy traffic.