Newcomer

Default Where to buy an Sti?

Since I live in VA. Really the only choice I have is the STi.

I have found some good prices on Amazon but where do you all get your equipment?

Do you look for a bargain or directly from the manufacturer?

Experienced

buy it from an authorised dealer! dont buy it from a auction site.
    is VA in the states? then if so buy it from Radar Roy. Radar Detectors and Jammers - Reviews & Shopping at Radar Busters

Old Timer

Yes always buy from authorized dealer..it may seem cheaper to buy from amazon but if there is an issue with it u will be covered under warranty..also have u considered the STi-R? even though its $1100 it is more sensitive that the regular STi and it will go right in your grill so you wont have to conceal the STi in a CD visor or w/e

Radar Fanatic

I prefer OEM.

Newcomer

Smile

Thanks for the info..

RadarRoy or Bel is where I was leaning, but now I am leaning that way more....

I would love a STi-R. It would fit really well in my BMW Z4 Roadster but I travel a lot and need it to be portable....

Old Timer

o0o i see..well either way u cant go wrong

Newcomer

I've seen STi on sale at Pilot truck stops here in California. I'm not sure if there are any near you in VA. And I really dont know if they are an authorized dealer. The only detector I bought from Pilot was a red X50. The only reason I bought one there was cuz they had a sale, $269.99 new. Maybe they put the STi on sale once in a while. I heard from someone before that they cant sell radar detectors cheaper than the manufacture, but they can be wrong.

Newcomer

Thumbs up

Just ordered from Bel...

Good Citizen
    PA to KY to NW Chicago Burbs but on temp assignment in MS

I made the mistake of buying my STI on ebay. It's un-serialized and I'm on my own if there's a problem, although the seller guarantees it for 1 year and others that bought from him said he has exchanged problem units with no questions asked or hassle. If I had to do it again, though, I'd buy from OEM or RadarRoy.

Fortunately, my unit has seen over 4,000 miles in about 2 months and has worked fantastic. MANY saves so far.