Newcomer

Question Disassembling a Bel 955???

My 955 works fine, but the button on top that holds the windshield mount is acting up and not catching on the bracket.

I removed the 1 screw and front screen, but there is still something holding it together in 1 place and it's driving me nuts...what's the trick?

Thanks!

Default Re: Disassembling a Bel 955???

Quote Originally Posted by hankd View Post
    My 955 works fine, but the button on top that holds the windshield mount is acting up and not catching on the bracket.

I removed the 1 screw and front screen, but there is still something holding it together in 1 place and it's driving me nuts...what's the trick?

Thanks!
    There is another screw underneath the serial number sticker. The serial number sticker is a pain to remove without damaging it. Also, the alphanumeric display cover pulls straight off of the end of the radar detector. Yet removing this display cover is also a bit tricky. Your best bet is to send in your V955.

Newcomer

Got it...thanks!

Well it's not worth the $60 they would charge to look at it. Looks like an easy fix on the button...

Good Citizen

Im having the same problem, how did you fix it???

Speed Demon

Just fixed my friends X50 whose mounting bracket button was broken in the same way.

It is attacted to the top of the RD in 4 spots, and 3 of the spots had come loose making the button fall somewhat into the hole......just used some super glue and keep a small amount of pressure on the spots, works great now.

Good Citizen

cool thanks

Radar Fanatic

FYI, I spoke with belscort before to get permission to spray paint my X50 black. I asked if I could take it apart and spray paint and still be valid for warranty. They said as long as the serial number was intact. I told her I was putting masking tape over it and she said, no problems then. I would just be weary about removing the serial number. On that note, I pulled the old velcro off my 9500i and it removed the sticker and now it doesnt go back on all the way...