Default first post,new GX 65

tonight I registered on the beltronics website. It was a religious experience. I have been reading this forum now for about 3 weeks and gatahered intel. Went into the closing circuit city and lo and behold, an unopened GX65 marked down from 460 to 350. I am back in the saddle. In the mid 80's, I was traveling for a living and owned all the models out there. Got tickets with all of them. Many times. Even the top bel at the time, good product, but NC Highway patrol were constantly working the game to their benefit. between 78' to 89' , I accrued 23 speeding violations, and 4 license revocations. I have this copy of this record the last attorney on the ticket starting the next sheet, sent me from asheboro,NC. Said it was the most impressive he had seen to date! In other words, the one he was reprenting me on was 24. Since 89, I have doubled this,but with kids it took me longer to get the next 20. I should try to get a copy of those. It's the first set, that I was running with then state of the art, and had many experiences that could probably have advance the business light years.
    When a SC statie asks you how fast you think you were going, and while he's waiting, your thinking , "I know I started down from 105, speed limits 55", I remember saying as question, "78? " He laughed and said " close" I finally locked on at 73.
    Thanks for advice. . Now that the kids are gone, I figure to do some traveling.I have high hopes for the GX and hope to add the laser jammer soon.

Lead Foot

Default Re: first post,new GX 65

Good luck with your GX-65. Its a good detector but it may have a few bugs. I have been spoiled by my Sti and Sti-R. Good news is that is should be able to be updated via the internet.

Keep X band on in NC, they still use it.

Thanks sam. I am living in your state (NY) right now, but will be passing through the old kicking ground often. So, thanks for the heads up on the X band. Somebody said in one of the links, only NJ and ohio were still using X. But knowing NC, I'd bet your right.

Lead Foot

I just emailed Belscort about the known bugs. I cant wait to hear what they have to say.

Everyone, any bugs you find in the GX65, someone please be first to start a new thread and document them here on this forum or add to any existing and bug thread. Bel does read these forums and if others confirm any documented bugs then their engineers can quickly fix these bugs and roll out a new firmware update. This is how the STi's bugs related to the STi's new audio ramp-up firmware were quickly fixed -- literally within 2 weeks after us initial beta testers posted and confirmed some specific bugs. Now, that was quick action on Bel's behalf! Lets quickly do the same with regards to the GX65 so that all minor firmware issues can quickly be nipped in the bud. And the best part is that all it will require is to download and install a new firmware update once Bel's engineers address any bugs.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
    Thanks sam. I am living in your state (NY) right now, but will be passing through the old kicking ground often. So, thanks for the heads up on the X band. Somebody said in one of the links, only NJ and ohio were still using X. But knowing NC, I'd bet your right.
    Yes, NC still uses it. You will find it in the backwoods counties. I have been hit several times by x band in NC.

Yoda of Radar

Oh... you poor sole...

You live in NY huh? What part? All in all your GX-65 will be worthless for the most part, especially on certain stretches of the thruway.

With how much it looks like you speed... I don't think any detector is going to save you, but at least you bought a good one.

Professional

Thruway= ticket heaven