Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default RX65 Giving X9 signal where there is none

I'm sure it's a "send in and we'll fix it for X $" deal, but I just wanted to ask to be sure.

I have the Beltronics RX65, at least 3 years old now. It has been giving me great service up until about a month ago. It would at random times start beeping madly stating that it had found an X9 signal. A quick turn off and back on would usually fix the problem, though lately in the last month and a half it hasen't. Starting at the beginning of this month it would hang on to the X9 signal untill I turned it off and then back on, wait 5 minutes and then do it again. I got so frustrated with the thing that I just put it in my glovebox for a week or two. Tried using it again today, and sure as rain after 5 minutes it started in with the X9 signal again. This time it went off about 3/4 of the drive to the main post office (about 15 minutes one way) and didn't shut up for the rest of the trip (I muted it but it was still flashing X9 right up till I pulled into my driveway and shut it off).

Is there some kind of reset that I can do, to try to "flush" this problem out, or it is something that I'll have to send in to have repaired?

Pantherman

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: RX65 Giving X9 signal where there is none

You don't have a cellphone near it do you? My Samsung phones on Sprint can trigger X band falses on the RD. I don't know where you live, but if X isn't used, turn it off. Has detection suffered on the other bands since the behavior started?

Sorry, yes as a matter of fact I did have my cellphone around it the last few times and it was on, I'll leave the cellphone at home and try it again for a little while. I don't use the phone much as it is anyway :P Yea, they use X around here still, does having the phone off still trigger the X falses?

thanks for the suggestion.

Pantherman

Power User

Although the RD was not pegging at 9 (it was peridoically going up to 3 bar strength), my buddy reported his cell phone was the culprit of his X band falses on his RX65.

Definitely leave the celly home or completely powered off for the next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishOne View Post
    Although the RD was not pegging at 9 (it was peridoically going up to 3 bar strength), my buddy reported his cell phone was the culprit of his X band falses on his RX65.

Definitely leave the celly home or completely powered off for the next trip.
    I did, and the darned thing still pegged at 9 on the X band about 5 minutes into the trip. The cell phone was left at home this time and again it was X9 till i Got home. Looks like it's time to trade it in for another one or send it to the freggin' repair center.

Pantherman

Power User

It's probably a lost cause and needs to be sent in, but did you try it in another vehicle or switch vehicle's recently, just wondering?

It's probably a lost cause and needs to be sent in, but did you try it in another vehicle or switch vehicle's recently, just wondering?
    Yep, did the same thing in my father's car. Tried it after the suggestion to leave the cellphone behind. It's a safe bet to say that at this point it's a lost cause to mess with it anymore, and store it till i can it it fixed ,or enough money to get a new Beltronics.

Pantherman

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherman View Post
    ...it fixed ,or enough money to get a new Beltronics.
    One of which needs to happen fast. Beltronics is going the way of the dinosaur.

Try reseting it and see if the fixes that proplem,

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherman View Post
    ...it fixed ,or enough money to get a new Beltronics.
    One of which needs to happen fast. Beltronics is going the way of the dinosaur.
    Color me ignorant, what's causing their demise?

Pantherman