Default STi-R and VA driving

Hey everyone,
    I've been dormant for a while due to many things, work, school, etc...

I recently sold my STi Driver to a family friend, and purchased an STi-R!!!!

I'm extremely happy with it so far, and loving the ramp up fix (that my STi didn't have).

I've been through Tappahannock, King William, and Mechanicsville quite a bit and throughout my normal commute, I pick up plenty of K and Ka band local LEOs, as well as numerous state troopers running Ka band.

When I was running with the STi, I had it mounted high, and the range was amazing (up to 1.5 miles and even a 3 mile warning once on straight aways).

I mounted the receiver for the STi-R relatively low (about a foot above the ground) in a place where it absolutely cannot be seen.

I'm curious about other people's experiences in VA, if mounting the device low will reduce range, and what "radar" is in the bands. (x, k, ka, pop, lsr, etc... rdr)

Default Re: STi-R and VA driving

As long as you are low and clear of obstruction it should be fine. Be cautious of laser seems like it is on the upswing. Overpasses and locations that give them cover while targeting.

snoopyc4

Default Re: STi-R and VA driving

Quote Originally Posted by -=stealth=- View Post
    I mounted the receiver for the STi-R relatively low (about a foot above the ground) in a place where it absolutely cannot be seen.
    I'm assuming you mounted it behind the bumper? Doing this will reduce detection range.