Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is there always a punch through ?

Hey,
    I've had my Blinder 20-xTreme for the last year, and I can definately say it works, i know because this one time i was being targetted, my blinder goes off and i'm looking around and finally i see the state trooper on the side aiming laser at me, i didn't turn it off amidst the confusion of things, so i left it on, as i went by him his face was turning red, and then as i passed by him he pointed the gun at me from behind, in other words he was targetting the back of my car, so he must not have gotten a reading, anyways my question is i just saw a video posted on here where the blinder punched through at 1200 feet or so, is this only with a certain gun? were the transponders too low in those cases, or if that was a real life situation would that be adequate time to break before the speed was revealed to the lidar gun ? also why is it easier to target if your head lights are on? i thought even more light would confuse the lidar unit even further with the blinder on ? thanks for your responses in advanced . i love the blinder.

Banned

Default Re: Is there always a punch through ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith
    i just saw a video posted on here where the blinder punched through at 1200 feet or so, is this only with a certain gun? were the transponders too low in those cases, or if that was a real life situation would that be adequate time to break before the speed was revealed to the lidar gun ? also why is it easier to target if your head lights are on? i thought even more light would confuse the lidar unit even further with the blinder on ? thanks for your responses in advanced . i love the blinder.
    Some laser guns are easier to jam then others. Will the blinder always have a punch through? No. The SML test shows jams to guns and it also shows punch throughs. The performance of your laser jammer really depends on how close your jammer heads are in relation to the reflective surfaces of your car. If your jammer heads are near the bottom of the car near the fog lights you will probably have a punch through if a headlight is shot.

Speed laser guns are very sophisticated these days. Turning on your headlights will NOT do anything to these 3rd generation guns. When the first laser guns came out(orginal pro laser) you could decrease the distance of a speed acquistion when turning on your high beams, but this doesn't work anymore.

If you want to check the punch through I can rent you out a laser gun if you want. For more information on the gun go to www.PoliceLidar.com.

The bottom line is NO laser jammer will work at any distance and in any circumstance 100% of the time, as stated on Blinders website www.BlinderXtreme.com. I think blinder should take this claim off of their website because it obviously isn't true with the SML report and the video we saw on this thread http://www.radardetector.net/VEIL---...y-05-1491t.php

Veil will greatly increase your jam to gun experiences. I recommend it.

Chris

thanks for your quick response,
    i have a front plate frame with a logo plate in it, no license plate, and my transponders are on either side of these, very close, but they are lower than my headlights, but right next to the plate on either side, i've been told that troopers are taught to aim for this plate, so i would assume that they would aim for that, and if they couldn't get a reading then would aim for headlights/grille. i was going to get an extra transponder for the front, would this help or there would still be a punch through with an extra head on the front ? what would you recommend, and do you still feel that blinder is the best of the market for a while ?

Banned

thanks for your quick response,
    i have a front plate frame with a logo plate in it, no license plate, and my transponders are on either side of these, very close, but they are lower than my headlights, but right next to the plate on either side, i've been told that troopers are taught to aim for this plate, so i would assume that they would aim for that, and if they couldn't get a reading then would aim for headlights/grille. i was going to get an extra transponder for the front, would this help or there would still be a punch through with an extra head on the front ? what would you recommend, and do you still feel that blinder is the best of the market for a while ?
    Post a picture of your car on here and I'll tell you where to put the transmitters. You may not need an extra transmitter. Put some Veil on your headlights and you should be just fine.

what would you recommend, and do you still feel that blinder is the best of the market for a while ?
    Stick with your Blinder. It would be pointless to purchase anything else right now, besides Veil of course.

Chris

hey,
    i'm uploading pictures now of where i already have them on, but the few experiences i've had, where the trooper had to shoot me from behind, does that prove that it jammed to the gun all the way ? i'm getting a new car and want to know where to put the transponders but i don't have it yet, so could you tell me where to place them when i do get it ? i'll upload the links shortly, thanks again for your help

Banned

hey,
    i'm uploading pictures now of where i already have them on, but the few experiences i've had, where the trooper had to shoot me from behind, does that prove that it jammed to the gun all the way ? i'm getting a new car and want to know where to put the transponders but i don't have it yet, so could you tell me where to place them when i do get it ? i'll upload the links shortly, thanks again for your help
    If he had to shoot you from behind you most likely jammed him to the gun.

You can also send the photo to my email address and I'll post it on here. JammerTests<at>Yahoo.com.

also, i know this is the wrong forum, but does veil have an effect on the headlight output? i do a lot of night driving? thanks so much for your help.

WARNING NOT 56k friendly, sorry about that.

http://www.riskinsolutions.com/DSCN1112.JPG
    http://www.riskinsolutions.com/DSCN1113.JPG
    http://www.riskinsolutions.com/DSCN1114.JPG

I have the V1 i'm going to upgrade the Pop in a few weeks, and if you can, where would you recommend putting the veil on this car ? thanks for your response, and testing.

Banned

First of all those headlights are huge. You don't need the blinder transponders to be right next to the license plate because you don't have a retroreflective state license plate on the car. It would be better if you installed the laser jammers above the bumper, closer to the headlights.

I recommend that you don't get an extra transponder. Reposition the blinder heads and buy Veil.

Chris

Scratonicity Groupie

Snap!!! Monolith I am interested to know if you are located near Dover, DE. During my next test video your car is the end all be all of cars. If we can cloak yours any can be.

An officer with a Stalker LZ1 GEN III could pick your car apart as it sits right now at 2500 or more without issues. If you have watched my video you will see an Audi S4 with less chrome than yours and no front plate was getting hit at those distances.

I hate to sound tough or critical but these are my recommendations.

First lose the plate unless you are just totally attached to it. Why give an officer something to aim at when you dont have to.

If you could get the blinders closer to your headlights I would recommend it but I know how your hood works and its not really possible unless you drimmled out under your headlights which would be alot of work.

You need to order a can of VEIL as I type this. Pop that plate off and just go to town on those lights. If they are glass you might want to buy a 3m protective plastic cover to put over them that way the VEIL wont peel off.

Your car is a huge magnet for laser as it sits right now as it gets darker outside the laser only gets better. If you are near Dover I would love to use your sweet ride for the video shoot. If we can cloak this car with VEIL + Blinder anyone can protect any car in my opinion.

Again not to sound critcal just tellin ya the truth

staton