Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer

Radarroy says that may people with speed detection equipment are nailed because they do not react to an initial alarm as they should.
    ..and that's precisely what happened with me.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by gsti
    Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith
    I'd still file it with them. There is no stipulation saying you have to slow down immediately. This might make them realize their product is not as good as they think and advertise.
    Maybe I'll take your advice and do so. It seems like a mega hassle to me though. I'm not interested in digging up receipts for the sake of a $200 ticket -- I am more concerned that I have 9 demerits on my license from random tickets here and there. Speeding doesn't help...
    Seeing that you drive a Newer Jag I'm guessing money is no object, but the point is Blinder Guarnteed that would jam any laser gun and it didn't. They are still advertising that even after it has been proved to be false, so we need all the proof we can get and you would be the first ticket reembursed through them. Do you have a scan of the ticket?

Newcomer

No I don't have the 20 Extreme, I have the older version, it's around a year old. It's the Blinder 10 or something like that? Does that model ring a bell?

Banned

No I don't have the 20 Extreme, I have the older version, it's around a year old. It's the Blinder 10 or something like that? Does that model ring a bell?
    Oh dear god the Blinder M10 is worthless against the newer guns. Of course you got a ticket. If you're going to get a blinder it MUST be an M20 with the new software. M20's still have punch through none the less.

Blinder doesn't guarantee M10's :-(

Chris

Newcomer

so we need all the proof we can get and you would be the first ticket reembursed through them. Do you have a scan of the ticket?
    ..are you kidding me? With all due respect, I'm the kind of guy that gets a ticket, doesn't really argue much, throws it in a pile somewhere, and waits for the ticket to go to the MVD where I end up paying it when I renew my license, or get a registration update. In this case I went to register a new VROD and I ended up paying the ticket then. I'm sure I have it somewhere at home, but I really couldn't be bothered - not because "money is no object" but because I just don't need the hassle. I would be SHOCKED to hear that I'm the only guy with a blinder that's received a ticket. That seems impossible - this was the first and only time the thing has gone off.

Now you're probably wondering why I bought the blinder to begin with - I bought it to avoid/prevent tickets affecting my driving record. I pay a ton in insurance already on vehicles, though I'm 33 and married with kids. I don't want to pay more than I have to. I've never been in an accident, but I'm a ticket machine.

In any case, I wanted to get another jammer for a different car (Subaru STI) and thus the reason I was exploring the Laser Mimic.

Lead Foot

Do you have the Blinder M20 X-treme or the old Blinder M10 twin? If you have the old version, I am not sure that you have the speeding ticket guarantee. I am sure that you have outdated equipment if you have the M10 though. Even the old test results on Craig Peterson's website show that the M10 twin has significant punch-through and did not jam one of the guns (Laser Atlanta) at all.

It is also weird that the Blinder only beeped twice. My unit jams for 5 seconds minimum with the first hit unless it keeps being targeted then it keeps jamming the whole time.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Oh dear god the Blinder M10 is worthless against the newer guns. Of course you got a ticket. If you're going to get a blinder it MUST be an M20 with the new software. M20's still have punch through none the less.

Blinder doesn't guarantee M10's :-(

Chris
    Chris, thanks for your reply. Your jammertests website is fantastic, I think you should place a link to the site for the Laser Mimic, I'd like to read more about the manufacturer. I'm not interested in breaking rules on this forum, or going after any manufacturers - all I want is a jammer that works. I will try the Laser Mimic and if it works I'm happy. I live in Canada, I don't care about testing/FCC approval. The video is enough for me.

Unfortunately I don't believe Blinder is as bulletproof as people think - not just from my experience, but my friend who also bought one at the same time, installed in his M3, and it stopped working within a week. He couldn't get the buzzer/LED to work. He replaced the brain, wiring, everything. Finally after replacing the front receivers AGAIN he had a working unit. Fortunately for him he hasn't run into a laser trap with it yet.

Just for fun I'm going to find out which model I have. I am not sure - I will get someone to check today.

Advanced Member

he has got the m10 :shock: those are very outdated...Depoending on where you live, your current best bet will be the blinder m20 extreme or laser mimic but the relability is still under testing(So far so good Chris?)

Hower ever if you live in a state that uses Laser Atlanta laser guns i would definitely go with the blinder m20 extreme..

What state you live in?

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob

What state you live in?
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    he has got the m10 :shock: those are very outdated...Depoending on where you live, your current best bet will be the blinder m20 extreme or laser mimic but the relability is still under testing(So far so good Chris?)

Hower ever if you live in a state that uses Laser Atlanta laser guns i would definitely go with the blinder m20 extreme..

What state you live in?
    Another laser jammer company has cracked the Stealth Mode 2 weeks ago(I can't tell you which company at this time.) Blinder is no longer the only one, not that you'll ever run into this rare gun anyway.

Chris