Newcomer

Default blinder and instant on

had anyone had any luck with an m20 or m40 against instant on lidar and won? I am just wondering due to the fact that i see many FHP officers hitting people within most of the PT distances of the M20 and wanting to buy either a 20 or 40 and curious which would offer the best protection for a mid sized car.

Old Timer

^ It's said that the 20 should cover most "mid-sized" vehicles, but as-always, the physical shape of your vehicle (remember "the 18-inch rule" - look at the Blinder install video on Roy's commercial site) will affect this measure, and, of-course, PTs will in-part also depend on other things, such as the surface finish/color of your vehicle, how reflective your hard-points are, etc.

For some who must run with a front plate, and who also have vehicles whose hard-points aren't sufficiently covered by the span of an M20's two heads, getting an additional head (i.e. M30), may be worthwhile, or, if your hard-points are truly very widely spaced apart and you can't get good coverage by "sharing" mounting for the M20s heads, you should think about an M40.

Newcomer

the main question is, does any one have any actual experience with the close range of these IO shots. My job requires me to run from lake city to orlando and all areas in between, and it is very rare for fhp to run radar so i can get a nice range with my V1.

Old Timer

^ Wait, I'm not sure I understand....

You started off talking about the Blinder, but you're now wondering about I/O radar?

Please clarify. :?:

Advanced Member

Read the post above again there's isnt a yes or no answer to your question. You will get punch throughs with Blinder at short distances less than 500 feet but its affected by the vehicle you drive.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

All laser encounters are instant on. Yes you will likely get PT at short ranges. When you get an alert SLOW DOWN TO PSL & switch the jammer off. No issues!

Newcomer

thank you for answering my question. In my travels it seems that FHP usually pulls the trigger on you when you are usually within 150' of them, so traveling at speed it is a heart stopping event, not like some of the videos that are on this forum, where they light up the target from 1k' all the way to PT

Banned

If that's the case diode jammers are your only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior24
    thank you for answering my question. In my travels it seems that FHP usually pulls the trigger on you when you are usually within 150' of them, so traveling at speed it is a heart stopping event, not like some of the videos that are on this forum, where they light up the target from 1k' all the way to PT

Old Timer

^ Ah, I see the scenario now.

Indeed, it's my understanding that the current LED-based units are more likely to give extreme short-range PTs, and that will be heightened by the specific characteristics of the vehicle.

A more powerful jammer would be a good recommendation, as would be taking care of your vehicle's "hot spots."