Default Bilnder M25 head placement

I just bought the blinder m25 and am looking for some advice on the best placement of the heads.

For now I'm only concerned with covering the front of the car. I have a BMW 135, there's a picture of the front end
    here.
    I don't have a front license plate on my car and have no plans to add one so I'm not worried about that.

Also, I was thinking of getting the cheetah wireless kit to install it, what do you guys think as far as how well it works/if it's worth it or not?

Default Re: Bilnder M25 head placement

Quote Originally Posted by aminidab View Post
    I just bought the blinder m25 and am looking for some advice on the best placement of the heads.

For now I'm only concerned with covering the front of the car. I have a BMW 135, there's a picture of the front end
    here.
    I don't have a front license plate on my car and have no plans to add one so I'm not worried about that.

Also, I was thinking of getting the cheetah wireless kit to install it, what do you guys think as far as how well it works/if it's worth it or not?
    I have cheetah wireless kit with M25 and love it. There's no latency in alerts and audio node alert sound pretty nice.

And it's a very simple to install if the battery is located under the hood. If not, you'll need a purchase add-a-circuit module and use empty "switched" slot on your fuse box.

As for the head placement, I would install them in the kidney grill more than below the bumper but other forum members may have better advice than I would.

Last edited by riverwabbit703; 03-03-2009 at 07:13 PM.

I was thinking of putting the heads in the grill, but I wasn't sure if installing them vertically would hurt the effectiveness.

That's good to know about the cheetah, the battery is in the trunk but there's a positive terminal under the hood for jumping. I haven't looked to see how easy it'd be to hook into that, but if not I should be able to find a switched power wire under the hood.

Advanced Member

Under side of the bumper, center section!!!

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Quote Originally Posted by aminidab View Post
    I was thinking of putting the heads in the grill, but I wasn't sure if installing them vertically would hurt the effectiveness.

That's good to know about the cheetah, the battery is in the trunk but there's a positive terminal under the hood for jumping. I haven't looked to see how easy it'd be to hook into that, but if not I should be able to find a switched power wire under the hood.
    My coworker drives 335 and I saw the terminal you're referring to under the hood towards the passenger side. That should be fine. It has the red + cap on it.

Also, if you look at the picture belowe, you will see the little keyfob on the center console next to my shifter, that is to cut the jammer off and on. Equivalent to kill switch.

I went ahead and bought the wireless install kit. I've installed a lot of other things in my previous cars and I hate drilling through the firewall, always ends up messy. There's a 12V outlet under the center console, so I plan on putting the interface box in there. I think I will install the heads in the middle bumper area. Even without a front license plate I'd bet that most LEOs target that area.
    If I ever get crazy and get another 2 heads, I can always install them closer to the headlights.

Thanks for the help

I know it isn't an 135, but here is my M3 install. The heads are 18" from the outside of the headlights.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by syazoo View Post
    I know it isn't an 135, but here is my M3 install. The heads are 18" from the outside of the headlights.
    Looks great and with the testing results you got that we spoke about you will be fine in real world cases!!!

i just had mine installed in my grille... just make sure its close to the headlights...