Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

If I only had a video of the day I pwned my co-workers GSX eclipse in my then 850R. He talked so much BS about how he was going to own me.
    As if it were a blessing from the gods, by some random chance who happens to pull alongside me. No one other than "the big bad pavement scorching gsx with a cai and runs 12's in 1/4". We went from a stop and I pwned his ass by a good two cars. The part is when my g/f and her two friends rolled down the window and started laughing him (we all worked together).

You better believe the next day at work he brought a full bag of ricer excuses. He even tried to pull the "my clutch was slipping" excuse..............LOL.

I

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Asleeper
    If I only had a video of the day I pwned my co-workers GSX eclipse in my then 850R. He talked so much BS about how he was going to own me.
    As if it were a blessing from the gods, by some random chance who happens to pull alongside me. No one other than "the big bad pavement scorching gsx with a cai and runs 12's in 1/4". We went from a stop and I pwned his ass by a good two cars. The part is when my g/f and her two friends rolled down the window and started laughing him (we all worked together).

You better believe the next day at work he brought a full bag of ricer excuses. He even tried to pull the "my clutch was slipping" excuse..............LOL.

I love how most people look at my 22 year old volvo and think nothing of it, or better yet laugh. I could write a book of street race stories with that car.
    LOL, funny thing is you owned him with passengers in your car. Im guessing he was riding alone.

I'm not happy...my lawyer will be contacting you very soon. LOL

Old Timer

Bench-racers, as I'm sure you'll agree, are the worst. Even though I'm a DSMer at-heart, I must say, you showed him good. 8)

I love how most people look at my 22 year old volvo and think nothing of it, or better yet laugh. I could write a book of street race stories with that car.
    I've come to learn that sleepers are definitely the way to go. It gives one the option of never having to exercise that power - unless one really wanted to.

Good stuff.

Race safe!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by TSi+WRX

Bench-racers, as I'm sure you'll agree, are the worst. Even though I'm a DSMer at-heart, I must say, you showed him good. 8)

I've come to learn that sleepers are definitely the way to go. It gives one the option of never having to exercise that power - unless one really wanted to.

Good stuff.

Race safe!
    Or as I like to say, bench ricers. I will always be a fan of the sleeper cars, as owning one truly adds another element to driving. While I've never been a fan of dsm's, with the exception of the galant vr-4, I certaintly respect them and am well aware of their potential. 1K in mods will easily get a 1st or 2nd gen turbo eclipse into the 12's. I know a guy who has a 400whp, low 11 second, daily driven galant vr-4..........now thats what I call one hell of a sleeper.

Old Timer

^ The VR-4 Galants were definitely the cat's meow. If somewhat debadged and also "sanitized" of its various "aero" adornments, it indeed was a true sleeper.

Definitely respected members of the greater-DSM brotherhood.

A local enthusiast Forum member actually had a Colt that was a total beast of piece (9-seconds in the quarter). Looked like a complete POS from the outside, but it had the heart of a champion. Sadly, it met its demise on the freeways (the driver walked-away without injury, thanks to its race-required full roll-cage!).

Professional

Even with the badging, hardly anyone even knows what a galant vr-4 is. Minus the loud exhaust, his gvr-4 looks rather stock on the outside. Its quite a sleeper. My personal favorite sleeper is the buick grand national, its not too difficult to turn one of those beasts into a 10 second street driveable car.

Professional

proud owner of a 4 cyl eclipse GST which can run a 11.03, which was on a bad shifting run. In my opinion the GSX were overdone, they have really bad clutches.