Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Do cops target RED cars?

I think they do, but I make sure I have my V1 when ever I drive one of my cars.

Ed

Professional

My mom drives a red Monte. I have been pulled over more times for stupid crap in that car than I ever am in my car, even with speeding. Oye.

Professional

Great question and the answer is Yes. They do keep an eye on red cars more often than other colors. One time I was on the freeway in my work van following a red chev camaro newer one and the guy was maybe 3mph over the limit because i was following him and he was hardly pulling away(i was doing speed limit) I see this cop come onto the freeway and start pacing and following this red camaro, after about 3 miles down the freeway the camar signals and is about to exit the freeway and the cops lights go on. I never saw anything wrong with the vechicle except it was red. I do in fact believe and have experienced with random encounters of my own and observation that red cars will get eyeballed more than other colors. Btw nice cobra if thats yours.

Professional

Thanks.

I think it's true too, but I don't know that it's deliberate.

I used to have a '90 Taurus SHO, white in color, 4 doors. That thing never got a second look, and was quite a sleeper for it's day. (220 hp Yamaha built V6, 5 speed manaul)

Ed

Good Citizen

I've had nothing but black cars and I am ready for a change. My next car will be something brighter... I gotta tell you I love red. This is a downside as I am a lead foot on the open road.

Lead Foot

Black is a good color so make sure that you want to give up your passive lidar defense and inconspicuous appearance especially off in the distance. A Viper yellow or a Ferrari red color will invite a lot of trouble and unwanted attention from LEOs.

Power User

cops target oversized photos :twisted:

Newcomer

Nah, if you have a red car you are immune to all cops. It's like your a ghost, they can't see you, you can do whatever you want if you have a red car..

All joking aside... what do you think? Ofcource they target red cars, they target any car they think is speeding or not speeding.

Nice Mustang btw... specs on it?

Professional

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/roadtests/13379/

Here's a review of it that was written back in 2000.

I've done a few mods here and there to bring the power up to around 460 flywheel hp. (right at 400 at the wheels)

No AC, no radio, no backseat, no cruise control, and no worries about walking out of the mall and trying to get into another car just like it.

Ed

Newcomer

I used to have a red acura legend LS sedan as my first car had some nice KMC 18'' Chrome rims on it and I was pulled over in that thing more then ever in a 3 year span......Now I have a black accord V6 and i got rims and a spolier and it even a coupe....never been touched.....but its only been one year so I'll keep my fingers crossed........