Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amsoil

Professional

I'll stick to Mobil 1 synthetic. It's always been good for me. I run it in all my vehicles.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by nautica2o3
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666
    well you get what you pay for....... and I paid a full 15 bucks a litre....... and theyre only sold in 2 litre cans. thats a 100 dollar DIY oil change........ but MAN its worth it
    Jeez man, that's Ferrari territory. I see old cars with 200,000 miles running around in good old conventional oil, I don't think your car is really benefiting much more from using that. I mean after 10 oil changes you can buy one of those old cars with the money you've spent. Unless it's a serious race car, I don't see the point in using that oil.

be that as it may, I still notice smoother revs across the entire band on all gears since switching, it does rev a bit quicker, and I have taken a few passes and knocked off .2 of my 0-60.... besides that my trusted mechanic friend (who made NO money off this oil neither in sales or installation) recomended Motul for my Honda motor since hes seen and taken apart motors running Motul and says theyre perfectly well off for themselves, that in itself makes it worth it to me, a cleaner running motor is a happy motor........ and this stuff really likes the high temps that I put on it, so it doesnt burn off as easily as the Mobil1 that ive been using in th past....... and besides that, the 300V racing oil isnt that much more than the regular Motul 5W-30 Eco-nergy oil, so I figure why not............. ive been running it for a whole month and I havent lost any oil at all, nothing burned, but a bit leaked, not as bad as my old M1, idve had to add a little by now. thats what I liked about the amsoil, until my dipstick went off and oil spilled all into the engine bay (not the oil's fault, but yeah)

besides all that aside I mean its not like im changing my oil once a month or anyhting like that, I mean to throw out a good even number close to the regular average... 15000 or so mi/year, the regular person goes through 5 oil changes, I and plenty of other people would make 3 in that time (I use 4-5k drain intervals)...... over a regular synthetic oil change at Ill say 30 bucks its not that bad, I mean about 60 bucks extra per change, thats around 180 extra per year, not too bad at all considering your engine might just last that much longer, I mean the longer it last at the extra 200 bucks a year beats the time spending 200 bucks a MONTH on a new car payment

its made enough of an impression on me that my next car, a little Honda Fit will be fed Motul starting at the very 1st oil change, and so will my NSX project car