Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default 350z or Civic Si or Mazda Speed 3

Im trying to decide what car I wan to get when I graduate. I really like the looks of the Civic Si, but word has it that it is quite lacking in the torque department(and because of the compression of the engine, adding a turbocharger would not really do much i think....). Also, it only has 200 hp. The Z has 300, and is only 3000$ more. The Z is also slightly smaller, and I really like driving small cars.

Does anyone have a good word for either of these cars, or a small car with similar performance in the price range?

EDIT:

I really like the mazda speed 3! so roomy yet quick... and decent looking(not compared to the Z tho but i really could care less at attracting girls with my car... at the moment at least ). Has anyone driven one of these? I am really interested. When I drive these days i usually have 3-4 friends in my car.

Professional

im pretty sure the z's are only about 260 to the wheels. I would defiantly go with a Z. so much more torquey throughout the entire power band. Ive driven the Si and they excel up top but im defiantly saying go with a Z. plus they are extremely simple and easy to SC them.

Radar Fanatic

Z FTW

Radar Fanatic

I really like the price for the amount of horsepower on the Z for the price. I like the Z a million times better than a Mustang GT(no offense, Im just not a muscle car person...) I really am starting to like the Z more than the Si.... and just imagine the Z post SC :]... oh god.... I bet the Z would be more impressive to the ladies to.... although it has no backseat :twisted:... Ok enough with the demented humour lol

Speed Demon

Z without a doubt....its out of the civic's league

Professional

i helped a buddy SC his z... its real nice, no were near as fast as a turbo'd Z but i love the sound of the car at idle. SO loud :twisted: the car sounds terrifying lol

Scratonicity Groupie

Civic. More room, better visibility, will run until the wheels fall off.

Radar Fanatic

If you are looking at a civic SI, you should really really test drive a Mazdaspeed3. Its cheaper than the Z and is more practical. It will also completely trounce an SI (not the Z though).

I almost bought one before I ended up getting the G35. What bothered me with the Z as a daily driver is lack of back seats, the MazdaSpeed is a great compromise... its a fun peppy car with a back seat and plenty of loading capacity.

If you want a Chick magnet, you need to go with the Z.

Radar Fanatic

Is this a serious question? lol. Z or Civic hmmm, Im gunna have to say the Z! lol. I mean, Mustang GT before both of em, but between those two, the Z for sure.

Yoda of Radar

Oh come on, there's just no contest here. I mean the comparing a Civic to a 350Z just isn't fair, it's like saying "Do you want a steak or a Hot Pocket?"