Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Are all BMW drivers rude?

Why is it that most of the time I get ticked off at someone driving they seem to be driving a 300 series BMW? Anyone else experience this too?

I need an extra car and I'm looking at something that is fairly fast yet looks pretty sedate. I think I will put this frame on it:

Last edited by 904nm; 08-10-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Are all BMW drivers rude?

They sure as h3ll aren't cool and considerate like Audi drivers.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

thats because they lease whore the 3-series. all the D-bags that can't afford a BMW lease a 3-series because that's all the can afford. then they get an attitude like they are so special because they own a BMW.

lexus drivers seam to be the worst though.
    Rod Blagojevich: I'm Lawful, 'Feel Free' To Tape Me

chad dornsife for president in 2012!!!

Speed Demon

Very good point. The drivers of the 500 and 700 series don't seem to have the same bad attitude. Our partners that do body shop work have also commented on how the 300 series owners are a PITA. They act like they have some exotic car in the shop. Don't have the same issues with the owners of the more expensive models. You would think the owners of the more expensive ones would be harder to please but it is the opposite way around. Here in SoCal there are an amazing number of the smaller BMWs on the road.

I figure since they never let you make a lane change in front of them I might as well annoy them with my license frame. LOL. Although I seldom signal any longer until I am about 1/4 into the lane. Too many idiots accelerate to close the gap if you signal properly to show you are about to make a lane change. What is up with that? Like the extra 15-30 feet they lose is going to make them late to work.
    Last edited by 904nm; 07-31-2009 at 08:23 AM.

Yoda of Radar

No, all BMW drivers are not rude, most everybody except for the 3-series drivers (mostly the lessees) are good people. You just run into the problem where, in an area where the majority of drivers are dicks, and the 3-series has become ubiquitous, it becomes inevitable that a large number of who are not into the "BMW culture", and are just everyday jerks, will get into a 3-series. In England, for example, I think it's actually become the best-selling car, outselling the Ford Mondeo even.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by JDS View Post
    No, all BMW drivers are not rude, most everybody except for the 3-series drivers (mostly the lessees) are good people. You just run into the problem where, in an area where the majority of drivers are dicks, and the 3-series has become ubiquitous, it becomes inevitable that a large number of who are not into the "BMW culture", and are just everyday jerks, will get into a 3-series. In England, for example, I think it's actually become the best-selling car, outselling the Ford Mondeo even.
    I was in England last week. If you don't drive a BMW chances are you don't have a car. I've never seen so many. Even the LEO's have them.

99.9% of BMW owner's give the rest a bad name.

Yoda of Radar

Do the LEOs there still have E39s? Best police car EVER

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by v1user View Post

99.9% of BMW owner's give the rest a bad name.

Power User

pic was too big. How do you resize?

Lead Foot

I drove the same way when I had a Jetta as I drive now with my 5 series. I drive fast, stay out of the left lane as much as possible, will tailgate people to get them to move over out of the passing lane when they are hogging it, usually never cut anyone off, and will be courteous to allow other drivers to merge (particularly in congested traffic).

However if someone is trying to fly by me and cut between me and a slower car that won't get out of the fast lane (that's side by side with another car), then no, I won't let that car in. I've had way too many experiences where I've done that only to have the car to drive slower than my normal speed (20-25 over PSL).