Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CTS-V...

Power User

Default CTS-V...

I backed out of the black CTS deal. It had some title problems and I'm working on getting my deposit back. ($100) oh well *sigh*

Anyway, I was dead set on a black on black but I found a nice silver CTS-V that fits the budget. Going to check it out after work tomorrow. Long friggin' drive...

If It checks out I just have to sign the papers at the bank and it's mine

LS1, 6-speed manual. Should be cool... Supposed to be an M5 killer...

Professional

Default Re: CTS-V...

me likey good luck with the V

Power User

CTS-V never had an LS1. The 2004 - 2005 models had an LS6 and the 2006 to 2008 had a LS2. 2009 to current have the LSA. 2004 and 2005 CTS-V's had lots of problems.

Power User

Oh and only the 2009+ models will smoke the new M5's.

Radar Fanatic

I have driven both the new CTS-V and a couple "older" CTS-V's .

The older ones were fun but they felt like souped-up luxury cars. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

But, the new V is amazing. To give an idea of what I mean, consider that my BSP 350Z ran about 31.5 on our test and tune track for its best run, the same day I drove the new V for the first time.

My first and only run in the new V, bone freakin' stock down to the tires, on the same track, same day.....32.2 seconds!!!

If this were a drag race, the results would not be too surprising. But this was an autocross course where transitional response trumps power all day long.

That thing weighs over two tons and dances like a sportscar! My jaw is on the floor just remembering it..

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal View Post
    CTS-V never had an LS1. The 2004 - 2005 models had an LS6 and the 2006 to 2008 had a LS2. 2009 to current have the LSA. 2004 and 2005 CTS-V's had lots of problems.
    I'm familiar with the diff problems. I'll have to read up on the motors. I get all that LS stuff mixed up.

I guess I was comparing the V to the old e39 M5... I was sort of looking for a 2000 or so M5 or 540i as well.

LS6 looks good:
    http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/En...1268&engCat=ls
    Last edited by srtga; 10-23-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Power User

Went and checked it out today. Many, many miles this week *sigh* I hope to make it home by tuesday...

First time I've driven a "V". It's a beast...

If I don't get this car I'm going to set myself on fire...

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
    But, the new V is amazing. To give an idea of what I mean, consider that my BSP 350Z ran about 31.5 on our test and tune track for its best run, the same day I drove the new V for the first time.

My first and only run in the new V, bone freakin' stock down to the tires, on the same track, same day.....32.2 seconds!!!

If this were a drag race, the results would not be too surprising. But this was an autocross course where transitional response trumps power all day long.

That thing weighs over two tons and dances like a sportscar! My jaw is on the floor just remembering it..
    Just imagine what those engines can do in the Corvettes they were originally developed for.

Speed Demon

If you do get this silver one

1. Replace front grill (or paint black)
    2. Defeniatly have all the countermeasures (of course)
    3. Don't have too much fun

Lead Foot

Best thing about that CTS-V is it does not make you a LEO magnet compared to a Corvette, Camaro, and other recognizable fast cars. Unless of course you lay into the gas pedal a lot..

Silver should blend in well with the other cars, but to be honest that car would look very nice in Black. Can't be too picky I guess. I bet your having a lot of fun driving that beast home since I highly doubt you didn't buy it after test driving it..