Experienced

Default Need opinion on '99 Expedition

So, found out one of the people I kind of work with is selling their '99 Expedition for $2500. Its 4wd, 4.6 V8, leather interior and it looks immaculate interior/exterior wise. It does have 143K miles on it though. I want to get it for a tough winter vehicle and for when I get parts for the jetta so I dont have to worry about getting the car done before the weekend is over. It will also be great kiddie hauler since we are planning for another child. I'm not worried about the gas mileage since it wont be a DD. Thoughts/opinions? Thanks

Professional

Default Re: Need opinion on '99 Expedition

not sure on mechanical issues with them my friends had one and loved it good hauler

Radar Fanatic

Personally I'm weary of buying any vehicle with anything over 30,000 miles. That's just me.

Banned

Depends a lot on the vehicle. Powerstroke diesels for instance, the engines are good for hundreds of thousands of miles, generally outlasting the body.

In this case I would be hesitant merely because its an employer. Something goes wrong with the vehicle it may cause friction with the job.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
    Depends a lot on the vehicle. Powerstroke diesels for instance, the engines are good for hundreds of thousands of miles, generally outlasting the body.

In this case I would be hesitant merely because its an employer. Something goes wrong with the vehicle it may cause friction with the job.
    Well, I'm AD Air Force and this person works in a totally different squadron. I'm also moving in 30days. So the job friction thing wont be an issue. I ran a code reader through it and it came up with a misfire on 2 and 4. The most likely culprit is the coilpack and they are about $65each. I will run it by the local Ford dealership to do the 30point inspection for $45 (owner will pay). Did some research online and besides for the coilpacks this thing is like a rock.