Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional

Default RPM too high after trip to dealer (VIDEO)

This is abnormal right guys? The rpms weren't running this high before I brought it in to the dealer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2moYyaeaws

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: RPM too high after trip to dealer (VIDEO)

Which car.. ? They seem not abnormal to me. Are you talking about idle rpm?

Radar Fanatic

650 rpm seems right about where it should be. This is where most cars are at when fully warmed up ( usually after 20 or so miles of driving, when oil temps is at proper levels). Also some cars have an idle learn time where the RPM car vary when it relearns the idle but not acura's.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    Which car.. ? They seem not abnormal to me. Are you talking about idle rpm?
    Yes. Idle rpm is not AS bad as it is when car is moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    650 rpm seems right about where it should be. This is where most cars are at when fully warmed up ( usually after 20 or so miles of driving, when oil temps is at proper levels). Also some cars have an idle learn time where the RPM car vary when it relearns the idle but not acura's.
    The thing is, I definitely remember the rpm's running lower than it does now. I'm uploading better vids, that show more of the rpm and speedometer.
    Last edited by SaltyinNJ; 01-05-2011 at 08:19 PM. Reason: mistake

Banned

What did the dealer do? Did they flash the Ecm or something? We need more.info please

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by sx4dude2013 View Post
    What did the dealer do? Did they flash the Ecm or something? We need more.info please
    They said they couldnt duplicate the problem. The reason I had her in was because when in Sport Shift mode, and even regular auto mode, a weird thing happens in 4th gear. BTW this is a 08 Acura TL. Right before 3500 rpm at around 80 mph, my rpms would dip and I would lose power in the engine for a few seconds. The rpm needle dips, and I lose power for a few seconds before it kicks back in. They claim they couldnt redupe the issue, and said that I need to drive it with a tech and show them. They did some kind of test, which I cannot remember the name of. I picked it up tonight, and noitce rpm's running a decent amount higher than normal. Once I finish uploading vids, I'll show you and I'm sure you'll think its abnormal as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyinNJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sx4dude2013 View Post
    They said they couldnt duplicate the problem. The reason I had her in was because when in Sport Shift mode, and even regular auto mode, a weird thing happens in 4th gear. BTW this is a 08 Acura TL. Right before 3500 rpm at around 80 mph, my rpms would dip and I would lose power in the engine for a few seconds. The rpm needle dips, and I lose power for a few seconds before it kicks back in. They claim they couldnt redupe the issue, and said that I need to drive it with a tech and show them. They did some kind of test, which I cannot remember the name of. I picked it up tonight, and noitce rpm's running a decent amount higher than normal. Once I finish uploading vids, I'll show you and I'm sure you'll think its abnormal as well.
    Thanks for the info. Did u by new if u don't mind me asking? Maybe and electrnic issue. Have u rdcieved any type of CEL? My.dealer always has trouble if they can't dupe the problem too. Thank gosh my service.dept is top notch. They give 100% to my car...maybe more videos and some advance car people can help you. Best of luck! Many ppl here have TLs...maybe they will chime in...

Professional

Finished uploading vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/justmedriving

Thats my page, u can watch any of the vids.

Best vid that shows this is 0099 at around 20 secs. I'll try and get better vids tomorrow but im using my wifes digital camera. Ill see what i can get tomorrow.

Radar Fanatic

I bet they cleared out the ECU and the computer is relearning the engine.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
    I bet they cleared out the ECU and the computer is relearning the engine.
    This would be my guess as well. That or they reflashed it which could cause it too. Give it a couple hundred miles and see if it returns to a normal idle.