Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XM Radio Deals

Newcomer

Default XM Radio Deals

Just before the account is up for renewal, I always call to cancel. This is for XM not Sirius. Yes they merged, but they're still seperate.

Since I signed up in '06 I've always been offered $77 for a year or $20 for 5 months.

Say you wish to cancel, it's too expensive. The woman offered me 3 deals this year.

1. 5 months for $20.00
    2. 6 months for $38.00
    3. 1 year for $77.00

I went with the year to save the hassle of calling again in 5 months. She waived all royalty fees and taxes. It was $77.00 plus 2 bucks invoice fee (not giving them my credit card).
    Last edited by GreenRadar; 05-02-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: advertising non radarbusters company

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: XM Radio Deals

77 bucks doesn't seem bad, as long as you consistently use it.

Do they still have a lifetime membership deal?

Newcomer

Hour drive to/from work. I have one of the original portable XM's (Tao), so I'm able to bring in/out of car without an issue and there's an antenna built into it, so I does receive a signal outside of a cradle.

I've read on other boards that the lifetime still exists, but you have to ask for it. Last I heard (depending on who you spoke with) it was $400 or $500 for XM & $500 or $600 for XM w/Best of Sirius.
    Last edited by nyclewis; 03-14-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nyclewis View Post
    I've read on other boards that the lifetime still exists, but you have to ask for it. Last I heard (depending on who you spoke with) it was $400 or $500 for XM & $500 or $600 for XM w/Best of Sirius.
    Considering one year is 77 bucks, those aren't bad for a lifetime membership. The only thing that would suck is if the company went under or something within a few years. With the way things are now, that wouldn't surprise me.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post

IIRC, they tie the unit to the plan, so if you buy a new unit, the plan is no longer good.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

IIRC, they tie the unit to the plan, so if you buy a new unit, the plan is no longer good.
    That kind of sucks. I wonder what the average lifespan for a unit is?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

That kind of sucks. I wonder what the average lifespan for a unit is?
    No idea. I never had one but with my next car, I probably will.

Radar Fanatic

Man, I got XM for Christmas, but I haven't even bought a subscription yet. I need to do that. I already have all of the wiring and what not done. I found out that it's not a good idea to go through a car wash with the antenna mounted on the roof, though. The pressure of the water cut into the antenna wire. Not enough to screw it up, but it definitely would over time.

Radar Fanatic

Hmmm, I wonder if I can do this with my Sirius think that I might have to call them up.

Newcomer

A "Lifetime" subscription is one that continues for the life of the receiver equipment. Lifetime subscriptions are nonrefundable.

Non-automotive receivers: A Lifetime subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play receiver is transferrable from one receiver to another, up to a maximum of three (3) times. For each permitted transfer of a subscription from one Receiver to another, or from one person to another, you will be charged a transfer fee.

Transfer Fee: If you transfer a Subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another, you may be charged a transfer fee of $15 for all but Lifetime Plans. If you transfer a Lifetime Subscription Plan from one Receiver to another or from one person to another the transfer fee is currently $75.00.

Automotive receivers: A Lifetime subscription is not transferrable if it's associated with a receiver installed in a vehicle by an automaker or an automotive dealer, except if the original receiver is stolen, accidentally damaged or defective. For each permitted transfer, you will be charged a transfer fee. No transfer fee is charged for the transfer of a Lifetime subscription associated with an automotive receiver if it was defective.