Thread: Cobra 9930

Newcomer

Default Cobra 9930

Are there any 9930 users out there? I saw one on Roy's website and it looks super cool I'm interested in real world experience and not planning on getting one anytime soon so please, let's keep the Cobra bashing to a minimum.

I guess my questions are just general ones like range, how many real encounters, falses, basically how do you like it?

And how does it alert you on screen? Does it display X,K etc. with a signal strength? I can't tell fom the pics.

Don't be afraid Cobra users! I'm broke and not a top 3 user and I'll defend you if they start picking on you :wink:

Radar Fanatic

I'm not going to knock your Cobra because we're all seen the test results on Cobra's. I honestly would buy a Whistler Pro 73 or a Bel Vector 955 for that price. The Cobra's looks super cool but that's where it stops. That cop handing you the ticket is going to say " That detector looks super cool but it didn't help you out did it? "

Just want to help ya out not knock the Cobra..... It's just for the same
    price you can get more detector. Not sure if Roy carries the v955
    but drop him an e-mail or a call, I'm sure you guys could work something
    out

Beltronics Vector 955: $162.99

Good Citizen

I don't think there ARE any diehard Cobra fans on this forum to tell you the truth. Most of the people who are on here either have seen their terrible tests, knows someone with one(or owned one themselves) and has seen the same. I'm pretty sure everyone will suggest something else like the Whistler Pro73 or other models from other makers rather than Cobra.

Newcomer

Like I said, I'm not planning on getting one. I was just curius about the interface and to see how it works and stuff. I agree ANY of the models you suggest are far superior. Ive also read SML tests on this model and it wasn't good

Power User

(from a Cobra owner himself...)

Cobras definitely look shiny and attractive, but that's about all they've got for them. Their performance as a radar detector is highly inconsistent. I wouldn't trust even the highest-end Cobra units to protect me as well as, say, a mid-grade Whistler.

It also appears like as you move up the Cobra line, all that's really being added are cool features (will there ever be one that tells me I need a rest area to go to the bathroom?) and cool looks, rather than upgraded detection circuitry.

Experienced

you have had a good couple of drinks and that blonde looks real nice so you figure why not.....well one thing leads to another and the morning light starts to shine through your window and to your surprise the little thing next to you is not so nice.........

Cobras look real good.....but thats where it ends they have horrible performance and in the morning that you are driving to work and get a ka warning after you see thee gumball machines lighting you up from the rear is when you'll wish you went with a 8500 x50 / v1/ bell rx65.

spend the $ on a good detector not the ticket!!!

Radar Fanatic

Agreed........ I wouldn't really worry how they work and their range.
    The fact is that they do not work and that is all that should be known.
    I wouldn't waste my money to find out what the difference
    between a good detector and a cobra is.

Newcomer

Alright, fine Cobra SUCKS I know. I was just hoping to lure a Cobra guy out to see how the screen worked. Now you guys scared him off

I've read the SML tests and they are CRAP!!!

Just curius.

Also, I think it's kinda ugly but the screen looks cool.