Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default half a mile distance on ka with a cobra?

haha i am shocked i got a .5 mile range on ka band with a ESD-9110 cobra. ( STATIONARY RADAR) I was very excited that it was able to do this. After some driving around and gettin in contact with moving ka radar around curves i couldn't even get .1 of a distance. felt a need to share this story, I have never had .5 mile range with a cobra on ka band.

Stealthcb

Default Re: half a mile distance on ka with a cobra?

Quote Originally Posted by radar_hunter123
    haha i am shocked i got a .5 mile range on ka band with a ESD-9110 cobra. ( STATIONARY RADAR) I was very excited that it was able to do this. After some driving around and gettin in contact with moving ka radar around curves i couldn't even get .1 of a distance. felt a need to share this story, I have never had .5 mile range with a cobra on ka band.
    Congratulations. I think.

Professional

Thiz Still Doezn't Explain Why yr Runnin Wit a Cobra...

Default akl;djf

Quote Originally Posted by insertquarter
    I never tried to explain why i was running with it. I just had it in the car to mess around with in the city. I'm running short trips from one place to another so i have no need to speed plus traffic is heavy a lot of the times during the daybut i'll like to have it just to know if cops are running radar.

Professional

Default Re: akl;djf

Quote Originally Posted by radar_hunter123
    Quote Originally Posted by insertquarter
    I never tried to explain why i was running with it. I just had it in the car to mess around with in the city. I'm running short trips from one place to another so i have no need to speed plus traffic is heavy a lot of the times during the daybut i'll like to have it just to know if cops are running radar.
    I Follow u, But u Probably Won't Know if They r Actually Running Radar Half the Time ...

Stealthcb

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    A half mile range for constant-on Ka isn't really all that great. Cobras do detect Ka radar -- just not nearly as well as the competition. My V995 has detected Ka from 2 miles away, which is a huge difference in warning time.
    Yep. And I've gotten 3-mile + hits on Ka Constant On with both my Pro-73 and Pro-78.

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    A half mile range for constant-on Ka isn't really all that great. Cobras do detect Ka radar -- just not nearly as well as the competition. My V995 has detected Ka from 2 miles away, which is a huge difference in warning time.
    i know, this is why i was excited because it was a cobra picking up ka from half a mile. That is why i was excited because it was a cobra actually able to do this.

Power User

Cobras are actually "adequate" detectors when they work. But that's just the problem -- they don't always work. I have consistently ran into the issue with my XRS-9300 where it refuses to alert to one particular PD's radar units. You know how it feels to be parked behind a cop, watching him shoot radar, and watching your detector not make a PEEP? Pretty bad....

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    Cobras are actually "adequate" detectors when they work. But that's just the problem -- they don't always work. I have consistently ran into the issue with my XRS-9300 where it refuses to alert to one particular PD's radar units. You know how it feels to be parked behind a cop, watching him shoot radar, and watching your detector not make a PEEP? Pretty bad....

ew...that sucks. Yeah i've learned cobras can be hit and miss depending on the guns, They have problems with certain KA bands. There's one cop here i can pick up .4 .5 moving but around hills and corners forget it with ka, the others moving .1 or less (talk about a killer if you speed)