Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Funny Cobra Users!!

So I called this girl I'm kinda friends with (but not really) and shes just getting in her car and I hear a detector start up in the background.

Me: Whats that a radar detector what kind do you have??

Her: Ya its a Cobra! (all excitied)

Me: Are you serious?! You should really get yourself a better one cause those really don't work well at all.

Her: What are you talking about its awesome! It works great and picks up cops from really far away!

Me:......................................ahahahaha hahahahahaha

Her: W/e its a great detector.

Me:..............ummmmm I don't think we can hang out anymore

It went on a little bit more with her trying to convice me that her Cobra is sweet and me telling her it REALLY REALLY is horrible and to at least get one that works. Wow..............ooooo well.

Professional

ya, been there done that , I'm a recovering cobra user, I've been clean for over a year now

Good Citizen

LoL...ahh the uneducated.

I was once one of those people who were somewhat swayed by Cobra's although I was pretty sure Cobra's were POS after my sister got one back in 1999. The darned thing stayed silent and went off at randomly whenever it wanted to. I'm glad my first radar was a Whistler 1785. Ka detection was weak but I picked up a couple of good K band alerts with it.

One of my friends recently bought her sister a radar detector for her birthday. Guess what...it was a Cobra. I cringed when I heard this. Too bad it got stolen from her car like a day after she got it.

I hate how Cobras are so easily distributed through retail stores. The ignorant end up seeing them and are immediately attracted to their BS advertising and flashy looks.

I'm sure your friend was happy that you noticed her gadget and yes please do her a favor and get her a better one if you can.

xrs9430, you ever think about changing your username that isn't named after a Cobra?

someone stole a cobra? aha, the uneducated thieves.
    Cobra's the only brand I've ever seen that has the huge word COBRA on the front plate. Whether that's an invite or deterant for thieves is anyone's guess.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkaWater
    xrs9430, you ever think about changing your username that isn't named after a Cobra?
    i don't know if i can?

Speed Demon

I think I'll just mistakenly break it when shes not looking and tell her there is a sale at Radio Shack on......*w/e detector*

Shes not the brightest it will probably work.

Power User

Yeah, as I said before, Cobra does marketing and appearance "right". They've got hands down the MOST attractive looking radar detectors on the market, not to mention the most impressive feature list.

Their XRS models also do pretty good on K and X band. It can pick up door openers on X/K from farther than my Whistler 1793SE (not by much though). Their laser detection is also surprisingly good -- I got my only two scatter-saves from a Cobra XRS-9300.

However, these detectors are a nightmare on Ka band. Depending on the gun, they'll either alert:

(1) (rarely) at an acceptable distance for a $100 detector
    (2) (more often) at a REALLY barely saved distance that you have to knee-jerk to save yourself.
    (3) (sometimes) Not alert at all, or alert when you are on top of the cop.

They also love to false on Ka to random things, so it's very easy to get a false, then coincidentally pass a cop, and call that a "save".

Professional

Honestly, I Mean, If yr Like Almost Every Person Out There Who Doezn't Do their Research Be4 Buying, Which r u Gonna Buy? An RD That Lookz Like a Tank (V1), an RD With Not So Much Advertising (Belscort), or The Most Advertised, Most Featured, Best Looking Cobra Detectorz with 12214104124901231 Band Detection? I Mean, ****, Thatz a Lotta Bandz. I Think I'll go Pick up Mine Now...

Speed Demon

Ya I asked she didn't even know what model it was, but she said she paid like $70 for it some I'm guessing its like the ESD7000.

Speed Demon

i like my cobra for a couple of reasons .. but they aren't that good at using their radar here in rhode island .. the state troopers use KA radar, and hardly use laser, like once in a few months i see one state trooper using it ... but most of the other times they are using constant on KA band and the cobra gives me plenty of time to slow down ... they aren't really good at hiding either, and most of the surrounding cities either use K band or KA band ... they hardly use laser either, and they also keep their radars on instant on so its very easy for the cobra to pick it up .... thats why i never spent $350+ on a detector when i know the cobra does just fine for me ....