Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Cobra's new XRS 9950

I was eyeballing the new 2008 Cobra models and saw the new XRS 9950. Certainly looks cool. Retail price was $259.95. Only saw one available online and it was discounted to $166. Still a bit steep for me. Gonna wait till they are more available and some testing has been done on them. The 9950 does have the red light camera detector as an option.

Dep

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Cobra's new XRS 9950

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy
    I was eyeballing the new 2008 Cobra models and saw the new XRS 9950. Certainly looks cool. Retail price was $259.95. Only saw one available online and it was discounted to $166. Still a bit steep for me. Gonna wait till they are more available and some testing has been done on them. The 9950 does have the red light camera detector as an option.

Dep
    It will be interesting to see if they have added Ka detection :roll:

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Ovencleaner

Dep
    It will be interesting to see if they have added Ka detection :roll:
    Haha, well put.

I'm also interested in NOT ONLY if the consistency of detection has improved, but also whether or not its leakage profile has improved.

Speed Demon

Features
    360 View:
    Suggested Retail Price: $269.00
    SKU: XRS 9950
    Name: XRS 9950 - 12 Band Maximum Performance Digital Radar/Laser Detector with Full Color ExtremeBright DataGrafix Display II

Feature Benefit
    POP Mode Radar Gun Detection Detects the latest POP Mode Radar Gun (Super-fast Instant-On Mode)
    Ku Band Detection Detects Ku Band Radar Gun currently being used in Europe. Be prepared for future introduction in the U.S.
    LaserEye® Provides 360-degree detection of laser signals.
    Voice Alert™ Warns driver with specific voice annunciation of the signal being detected.
    VG-2 Alert® Alerts the user when they are under surveillance of VG-2 radar detector-detectors.
    VG-2 Alert®/ Undetectable Provides complete immunity and alerts the driver when under surveillance of VG-2 Radar-Dectector-Detectors.
    Spectre Alert™/Undetectable Provides complete immunity and alerts the driver when under surveillance of Spectre 1 Radar-Detector-Detectors.
    Strobe Alert® A Cobra exclusive, works with tens of thousands of emergency vehicles currently equipped with traffic light controlling strobe emitters. Provides advance warning of the presence and/or approach of emergency vehicles.
    Safety Alert® Warns drivers of the presence and/or approaching emergency vehicles, railroad crossing, and road hazard locations equipped with Cobra's exclusive Safety Alert® transmitters.
    Auto Mute Automatically mutes the alert tone for enhanced driver convenience.
    IntelliMute® Relative-speed-sensing Auto Mute system that virtually elminates false alerts.
    IntelliShield® False Signal Rejection 3-Level City Mode offers the best flase signal rejection in both urban and rural areas.
    Digital Signal Strength Meter Provides the driver with relative proximity to the target using 5-level digital signal strength meter.
    SmartPower™ Automatically shuts off power to the unit when ignition is turned off.
    Car Battery Voltage Display Provides graphical display of the car battery voltage and also warns the driver when it is low.
    Dim Mode Allows the user to dim the radar detector display enhancing night driving visibility.
    EasySet® Programming Menu User-friendly mode selection/setting with visual guidance.
    Stay Set Electronic Memory Electronically remembers radar detector settings for an indefinite period of time even with the power removed.
    Spectre Alert™ Alerts user when they are under surveillance of Spectre 1 radar detector-detectors.
    8-Point Electronic Compass Automatically provides an accurate electronic direction reading.
    Available Speed/Red Light Camera Location Alerts With the purchase of the available GPS locator, the driver can be warned of upcoming speed and/or red light camera locations, utilizing the state-of-the-art GPS (Global Positioning System) engine.
    Maximum Performance Maximum performance digital radar-laser detector with maximum detection range for total protection
    Full Color ExtremeBright DataGrafix™ Display II 1.5" high-res OLED display provides enhanced data display in easy to read vivid color with 3D graphics. Also allows user to select from 5 different color themes to match dash illumination.
    12-Band Detection Detects 6 radar, 4 laser and 2 safety signals. Radar signals include X Band, K Band, Ka Superwide, Ku Band, VG-2 and Spectre. Laser signals include LTI 20-20, Ultra Lyte, ProLaser and ProLaser III. Safety signals include Safety Alert® and Strobe Alert®.
    City/Highway Modes Allows the user to select operating mode, reducing the frequency of falsing in densely populated urban areas.

Radar Fanatic

Hmmm... dont see anything about improved range there. Will be interesting to see the GOL test...

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Ovencleaner
    Hmmm... dont see anything about improved range there. Will be interesting to see the GOL test...
    12-band MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE? Duh!

Good Citizen

What a shame. All those bells and whistles and Whistler still reigns over it.

Good Citizen

Dep
    Whats even more funny is that Cobra has not even released the product yet.. Due out in April.

Newcomer

is this the first detector to detect (well, at least claim to) spectre? I don't think any others can yet...

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by joeypro
    is this the first detector to detect (well, at least claim to) spectre? I don't think any others can yet...
    Specter I only.