Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cobra 9945

Banned

Default Re: cobra 9945

The monotony of Cobra jokes continues...

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by bigalinwv View Post
    I have owned 2 940s, one was an S7 horn, the other an M4. It was like night and day. Yes, I would say the S7 was near a V1, but not the M4.
    Well I've never used a 940 S7 before, I have owned 2 8500 X50's with the S7 and 1 non-X50 witch I think uses the S7 (Can someone clarify this?) and the S7 is like the V1 when comparing to off-axis radar but on a strait road the M4 is like the V1s range comparing to head-on as long as its mounted in the right direction, mounting location with the M4 Platforms are more crucial than my V1 (even though its mounted perfect anyways) just for the fact M4's tunnel vision is so narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemote View Post

the range is better then my V1 on a side by side check l give more info when I check each one individually.
    You can't test radar detectors side by side! One will interfer and it can cause anything between reduction of range to no alert at all. You can't tell me a d*** cobra outbeats the V1.
    Last edited by ActiveKAjam; 11-19-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveKAjam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalinwv View Post
    I have owned 2 940s, one was an S7 horn, the other an M4. It was like night and day. Yes, I would say the S7 was near a V1, but not the M4.
    Well I've never used a 940 S7 before, I have owned 2 8500 X50's with the S7 and 1 non-X50 witch I think uses the S7 (Can someone clarify this?) and the S7 is like the V1 when comparing to off-axis radar but on a strait road the M4 is like the V1s range comparing to head-on as long as its mounted in the right direction, mounting location with the M4 Platforms are more crucial than my V1 (even though its mounted perfect anyways) just for the fact M4's tunnel vision is so narrow.

the range is better then my V1 on a side by side check l give more info when I check each one individually.
    You can't test radar detectors side by side! One will interfer and it can cause anything between reduction of range to no alert at all. You can't tell me a d*** cobra outbeats the V1.
    my cobra out distance the V1 on a speed sign by at least a hundred feet 2x on an individual test. I paid 100 bucks for the cobra

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveKAjam View Post
    non-X50 witch I think uses the S7 (Can someone clarify this?)
    All original 8500s are S7.

my cobra out distance the V1 on a speed sign by at least a hundred feet 2x on an individual test. I paid 100 bucks for the cobra
    No way should your Cobra be more sensitive on any band than a V1. Either your V1 is busted and needs to be sent into VR for repair, or your Cobra is interfering with your V1 because you are running both of these RDs at the same.

Newcomer

Sorry the V1 is not busted,I would liked to hear from someone else who owns a 9945 ,and I;m not saying the cobra is better then V1 but stating what I've observed.The test I made with the speed sign was about 3/4 of a mile.

Professional

Sorry the V1 is not busted,I would liked to hear from someone else who owns a 9945 ,and I;m not saying the cobra is better then V1 but stating what I've observed.The test I made with the speed sign was about 3/4 of a mile.
    My detector is basically the same platform. It does very well against 34.7 and 33.8 ka band. It does a well against 35.5 but the range pales in comparison to 34.7 detection. The main thing you are going to have to worry about with your Cobra is off axis encounters. My Cobra at times won't alert until I'm on top of them if they are off axis. It does pick up instant on pretty well from what I can see. It's hard to say if it has missed any alerts because I don't know what the leo is doing. I do know that when they run I/O I know they are there before I reach them.

That is the Cobra report. :P
    Last edited by Divewjason; 11-20-2009 at 06:07 AM.

Yoda of Radar

If your V1 is not busted and your Cobra is detecting radar sources at further distances than is your V1, then you have to have been running them at the same time, causing the Cobra to interfere with the V1.

No Cobra has even close to the sensitivity of a V1 on any band. This has been tested over and over again. If this is what you are seeing, then something is wrong, either with your V1 or your testing methods.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    If your V1 is not busted and your Cobra is detecting radar sources at further distances than is your V1, then you have to have been running them at the same time, causing the Cobra to interfere with the V1.

No Cobra has even close to the sensitivity of a V1 on any band. This has been tested over and over again. If this is what you are seeing, then something is wrong, either with your V1 or your testing methods.
    V1's are sensitive and can easily fall out of tune. This is probably what happened. No Cobra should be even close to a V1 in detection.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Divewjason View Post
    V1's are sensitive and can easily fall out of tune. This is probably what happened.
    There is no such thing as "falling out of tune" on a V1. That phrase is improperly used around here all the time. If a V1 is failing to detect something or loses sensitivity, there is a component failure and the V1 is broken, plain and simple. If someone sends their supposedly "out of tune" V1 into VR, they replace components to fix the problem, not turn a few knobs or screws to put it back in tune. Sorry for the tangent, but that's a little pet-peeve of mine.

No Cobra should be even close to a V1 in detection.
    If mikemote is correct and his V1 is not busted, then he almost assuredly ran the Cobra and the V1 at the same time during his test, having no idea that they would interfere with each other.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    V1's are sensitive and can easily fall out of tune. This is probably what happened.
    There is no such thing as "falling out of tune" on a V1. That phrase is improperly used around here all the time. If a V1 is failing to detect something or loses sensitivity, there is a component failure and the V1 is broken, plain and simple. If someone sends their supposedly "out of tune" V1 into VR, they replace components to fix the problem, not turn a few knobs or screws to put it back in tune. Sorry for the tangent, but that's a little pet-peeve of mine.

No Cobra should be even close to a V1 in detection.
    If mikemote is correct and his V1 is not busted, then he almost assuredly ran the Cobra and the V1 at the same time during his test, having no idea that they would interfere with each other.
    The second point is a possibility. Thanks for clearing up the rhetoric on the V1. I always wondered about that phrase.