Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOL resignation

Cheetah Rep

Default GOL resignation

Well everyone, I am officially removing myself as one of the “Guys of Lidar”.

As everyone knows, GOL is just a bunch of individuals who enjoy doing the same thing, which is to test the latest countermeasures to see what works and what doesn’t, and how they compare.
    Like the rest of us, they have to use these same products too.

Before GOL was around, I have always done my own testing as well, and I will continue to do so.

Even though I’m “in the industry”, I have enjoyed a certain amount of “neutrality” since I didn’t carry any “Cheetah branded” radar detectors, or jammers. Our products are designed to work in conjunction with the various brands and manufacturers.

Well since I will be carrying a “Cheetah” parking Sensor now, I feel it’s best for everyone if I step away. Although this doesn’t change how I test or conduct myself, there will always be those few, including other manufacturers who will “cry foul” that a manufacturer is a member of the group.

GOL has always had the utmost in testing ethics, and I know they will continue do so.
    I do hope that I will still have the opportunity to be an “invited guest” as other forum members and individuals have been.
    With all the “less than ethical” things that happen in this industry, GOL as well as others here who enjoy testing for the fun of it, bring a breath of fresh air into things.

Here's the link on our new Parking Sensor:
    http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...=401680#401680

Advanced Member

Thanks for all your contribution to GOL in the past! Good luck with your new parking sensors

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Thanks for all your contribution to GOL in the past! Good luck with your new parking sensors
    x2

Founder of Stealthvation

Thanks for you MASSIVE and critical contributions to GOL RacerX. You will be sorely missed. This shows what a class act you are and your professionalism. I am glad you did what is best for GOL and what is best for your company. I wish you all of the success in the world!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Scratonicity Groupie

Best of luck Don, we have to keep you around just for the sole purpose of keeping Steve on his toes. I can only take so much B.S. in a 24 hour period.

Advanced Member

Don you were an important part of our team, and it will suck to lose you. But it will be a plus for the community, since I am confident that you'll do your best to provide quality products and services. Best of luck in your endeavors!

We will not be looking for a "replacement" for Don, since there is nobody who could ever fill his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    Best of luck Don, we have to keep you around just for the sole purpose of keeping Steve on his toes. I can only take so much B.S. in a 24 hour period.
    Steve doesn't spout B.S. -- like his screen name implies, he spouts happy horse sh#%! Steve, just kidding of course. :wink:

As for RacerX resigning from GOL, I like everyone else will miss his contributions to GOL. :cry: Yet RacerX's decision to resign since he now is selling a laser "parking sensor" implies the highest degree of integrity both for RacerX and for the rest of the GOL team.

Old Timer

Well done, RacerX.

Indeed, this was a good moral/ethical step to take.

Although I personally see no issues (as y'all know, being a biological scientist who is active in basic-science research, I firmly believe that "good science is just good science," funding conflicts be damned) with an overt association with any brand/make, I know that the community atmosphere does not take well to such thoughts, and as such, I do believe that your step here will help the GOL retain its good name.

It takes a good soul to "take one for the team." I commend you for it.

I shall continue to recommend your/Cheetah's products and services to anyone and everyone.

Old Timer

x2 thanks for all ur hard work with previous GOL tests

Cheetah Rep

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the kindness.

Yeah, it's a bummer, but i agree it will be best for all.

Actually if i get invited as a guest, i get to hang out and watch.

either way i'll still be testing and doing my own thing as well, but probably a bit more low key in the jammer areas.

I still have my SR7/V1/STI-r test in progress.