Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Manufacturer

Default Latest Real World Performance of top Radar Detectors

For many of my fans of my pioneering review style of the top performing radar detectors, you guys (and gals) may appreciate that Steve (Happya$$) and I have "joined forces" to continue testing radar detectors and laser jammers (with Veil) in the real-world:

[replacer_a]

I hope you enjoy the work we have compiled and will continue to compile in this engaging format (which includes many pictures and actual speed trap videos), the "meat and potatoes," so to speak.

You too can be a part of the history of the Speed Trap Hunter experience, by posting your commentary and votes.

Enjoy! ...And remember, keep it between the lines!

Veil Guy
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 06-15-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Newcomer

Nice!!! Nothing better than real world tests.

Scratonicity Groupie

Radar Fanatic

Does that mean there's a vacancy at GOL now that Happya$$ has left?

J/

Manufacturer

Happya$$ hasn't gone anywhere!

Guys of Lidar will continue to have its unique approach, just as the Speed Trap Hunter Blog will. One has nothing to do with the other.

No one does orchestrated tests more thoroughly than the GoL, in my opinion, but the STH real-world driving approach allows for a different perspective to reveal itself with all this equipment in a variety of different circumstances...some things may be apparent in the real-world that do not manifest themselves on a closed course (and vice-versa) over a brief three day period (intense as it may be)...that's the ultimate value, we hope to achieve with this unique format.

Anything new we can all learn from these real-world experiences should only enhance the value for all of us as to the particular strengths and weaknesses of these countermeasures against real-world traffic enforcement.

The truth is, Jerry, Steve and I both really enjoy the Hell outta driving around and busting speed traps, particularly in Ohio! If you ever road with us, you'd know what I mean.

Veil Guy
    Last edited by Veil Guy; 03-17-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

I bet the only other things aside from speed traps, radar and laser which came up in the Veil Guy's and Happya$$'s conversations were "food" and "bathroom!"

Manufacturer

...Don't tell my wife this, but you left out one other guy subject...

Veil Guy

Founder of Stealthvation

The two styles complement each other. I had a BLAST driving with Bob. I had to tame his crazy a$$ down he had me scared more than once
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Experienced

Nice blog! In one of the videos "The Speed Trap Hunter" says that the performance of the Bell's radar may be hampered by being shrouded by the engine. Does anyone know where he has the radar receiver mounted on his 5-series BMW? I would love to know the details of his 9500ci set up including location of all the sensors.

Nice to see the V1 do well against the newer entries.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Nice blog! In one of the videos "The Speed Trap Hunter" says that the performance of the Bell's radar may be hampered by being shrouded by the engine. Does anyone know where he has the radar receiver mounted on his 5-series BMW? I would love to know the details of his 9500ci set up including location of all the sensors.

Nice to see the V1 do well against the newer entries.
    V1 is a legend like fine wine gets better with age
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!