Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Video: MSP Speed Enforcement during Rush Hour?! CB Chit-Chat

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QzZDB-AntY]YouTube - Holy MSP is out and about Batman! And Truckers talk about Miracle Whip..[/ame]

Nothing really exciting, just some staties pulling people over.. and some truckers talking about Miracle Whip.. Oh and the scanner picking up an accident in front of me.

Default Re: Video: MSP Speed Enforcement during Rush Hour?! CB Chit-Chat

Funny you should post that, there was a statie parked like that on 3 this morning. There was no way he could be getting people with laser (too many cars on the right) so he must have just been chilling.

btw. You win the award for ****tiest commute. Not much traffic around there... ehh?
    ".....in honour of the last American hero to whom speed means freedom of the soul. The question is not when's he gonna stop, but who is gonna stop him...."

V1+LI

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Patrol View Post
    Funny you should post that, there was a statie parked like that on 3 this morning. There was no way he could be getting people with laser (too many cars on the right) so he must have just been chilling.

btw. You win the award for ****tiest commute. Not much traffic around there... ehh?
    He was shooting LIDAR, saw his Ultralyte up to his face.

Depending on my timing, traffic can be terrible or fantastic. Since I'm commuting out of the city, it's not so bad. But there are times going home where I want to shoot someone.. Especially when there's a Sox game and an amber alert, during rush hour..

The roads are congested, but at least it isn't gridlock. Commuting through Alewife is less desirable though..

Lead Foot

i can't figure out WHY my cb setup doesn't sound as good as yours! that sounds great! what are your settings on it? i'm hoping its just because truckers around here don't actually speak english.

i'm getting a LOT of noise, but the SWR was tuned to dead 1.0

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    i can't figure out WHY my cb setup doesn't sound as good as yours! that sounds great! what are your settings on it? i'm hoping its just because truckers around here don't actually speak english.

i'm getting a LOT of noise, but the SWR was tuned to dead 1.0
    I had the squelch pretty high, I hate listening to static, and the likely hood of getting any bear reports on my non-trucker route is slim to none. However in this case, I was near the Mass Pike (Interstate). One of the guys transmitting was fairly staticy, so I adjusted the squelch on the fly. I've noticed some truckers come in clean, the others pretty noisy.. I wonder if it's their radios? Probably their distance too.

edit: I tend to keep the squelch set right where the dot disappears on the knob. If I start catching some strong signals @ around 5 on the graph, i'll lower the squelch to see if it's anything good. Otherwise I just let it go.
    Last edited by ATF; 06-11-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Speed Demon

Not 128 and 3?! That's my commute every day... saw of all people the Chelmsford police today raising a little revenue on 3S in the morning. NH SP like to sit on 3 but I've never seen them do anything as car after car flies by at PSL 20+ in the LL (then again, around here I guess "real"speeding starts at around 30+?).

Experienced

WAY OT: My commute changed from being a 495/95/90/9/93 kinda deal to 495 to the lowell connecter and oh man if I had any doubts about my v1 picking up lidar, Ive lost them now. I get hit almost everytime I go, and if you need your countermeasures checked go to the connecter anytime it is sunny and over 70. Its awesome. I still go 93/293 sometimes but I dont have too much activity right now for some reason. My mount and radio got stolen out of my car so I havent been bringing the flip out Ill shoot some soon when I go back up to Manchangles. Anyone got some good hot spots for The 93N to 293 area? No farther than exit 10?
    Last edited by thefreakincarjunkie; 06-12-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thefreakincarjunkie View Post
    WAY OT: My commute changed from being a 495/95/90/9/93 kinda deal to 495 to the lowell connecter and oh man if I had any doubts about my v1 picking up lidar, Ive lost them now. I get hit almost everytime I go, and if you need your countermeasures checked go to the connecter anytime it is sunny and over 70. Its awesome. I still go 93/293 sometimes but I dont have too much activity right now for some reason. My mount and radio got stolen out of my car so I havent been bringing the flip out Ill shoot some soon when I go back up to Manchangles. Anyone got some good hot spots for The 93N to 293 area? No farther than exit 10?
    The connector is my favorite testing place. Wondering how my LI is working? Go to the connector...

I swear they sit there 24/7 on sunny days.

As for 93 never seen much in that neck of the woods, I've heard about it but never actually seen it. Just ask Kpatz. 495 north of the Pike is the same, I swear it is unenforced except for maybe a transient trooper witnessing something stupid. I don't think they want to get killed doing traffic.
    ".....in honour of the last American hero to whom speed means freedom of the soul. The question is not when's he gonna stop, but who is gonna stop him...."

V1+LI

Lead Foot

My commute is Soldier Field Road, through Fresh Pond Parkway, Up to Route 2 and 95N for an exit. Brutal right? hahahaha, the only pain is Alewife when it backs up (or 95N).

A lot of my coworkers have told me the Lowell Connector is a feeding frenzy, I should check it out some time. I'm going to be on the Pike today, so we'll see what I can get going to Natick and Worcester.

Experienced

thats one hell of a nasty commute. I used to think rt9 was terrible until I drove rt 2. Worst revenue generator ever....I dont have any active countermeausures yet just the v1 and I swear to god Im getting pinged every 2 seconds. WORST ROAD EVER!!