Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default PA State Trooper doing +28 MPH over, in a 40 MPH zone (Video)

So, cops get a special exemption from the speed limit as usual. If he was sitting on the side of the road shooting radar, and clocked me at 68 in a 40, he'd rip me a new one. This is complete bullsh*t if you ask me.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: PA State Trooper doing +28 MPH over, in a 40 MPH zone (Video)

Woulda sucked if he decided to blast you with instant on, then pulled you over.

I see this all the time here as well; much more during the night hours.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by unmamfqlm View Post
    Woulda sucked if he decided to blast you with instant on, then pulled you over.

I see this all the time here as well; much more during the night hours.
    State troopers can't use moving radar here, but even if he had used it, it would be thrown out in court. I can't remember where I heard this, but there was a case where a driver followed a PA cop doing like 90 in a 65 on the highway. The cop slowed down, got behind him, and pulled him over. He ended up getting a ticket for 90 in a 65. He took it to court and told the judge what happened. The judge asked the officer if he was responding to a call. The officer said no, he was just patrolling. The judge threw out the ticket because he didn't like what the cop did.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SteadySpeedin View Post
    State troopers can't use moving radar here, but even if he had used it, it would be thrown out in court. I can't remember where I heard this, but there was a case where a driver followed a PA cop doing like 90 in a 65 on the highway. The cop slowed down, got behind him, and pulled him over. He ended up getting a ticket for 90 in a 65. He took it to court and told the judge what happened. The judge asked the officer if he was responding to a call. The officer said no, he was just patrolling. The judge threw out the ticket because he didn't like what the cop did.
    Ah, I see. That's interesting and totally the right thing for a judge to do. There is absolutely no reason for a leo to be going that fast while simply "patrolling." He made an a** of himself.

Professional

Plus he had it on video too...

Professional

Heh... nice video.

Speed Demon

Seemed like that was more than .3 miles so he could have claimed he paced you with him. But I agree if you did get stopped since you had it on video there wouldn't be any consequences.

Professional

Great video. hahaha

Good Citizen

Do as I say not as I do.I agree w/you.What bull#@!@

Experienced

You've got some balls to be trailing a LEO like that at those speeds. Maybe your area is different, but where I'm from, I know plenty of people who have gotten tickets just like this; it's called clocking out here and it's perfectly legal. All the LEO has to do is pull up behind you on a road just like this and start pacing you without radar or anything; if you don't gain or lose ground on him, he can safely estimate what your speed is as long as its well above the PSL to compensate for error. I was with a friend one day and he was doing 75 MPH in a 55 and a car comes flying up on his tail, but his RD didn't make a peep; it weirded him out, so he got in the throttle and accelerated well above 75 to say the least. The cop turned his lights on and gave him his citation.