Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Default Sneaky CHP w/laser 1, SRX 0

Well, I just got a laser ticket. I got shot from behind at 354' south of Rose Hills on the 605 south according to the ticket. I can verify that the SRX's rear coverage is subpar. Having a laser alert is basically useless. It just made me slow down so she could catch up to me sooner. I never saw the laser gun, or the CHP for that matter until I saw her screaming up from behind. She must have been on the overpass or onramp.

Professional

They're starting to use that tactic more and more with their laser training knowing that the reading is vehicle specific and instant.Sorry to hear that bro.I know the the rear sensor is basically just to let you know you've been hit..I just like the full integrated systems better.I hope the new models from Beslcort will fair better.Hopefully some of their reps have fished around here enuff to get ideas of what is needed on the market today.Cuz we will never truly know what their testing stats are.

Good Citizen

The CHP is using Laser a lot more from what I have seen.... and all the Chips officers in LA are using the little laser guns as well...... stinks.

Professional

I have one of those black plastic bedliners in my truck. I also drive with my tailgate down. My LEO friend said he couldnt get any reading at ANY distance on the back of my truck from the Stalker lidar gun. he said he tried everything. Hopefully this will be helpfull to anyone who drives a pick up.

Speedtrap Crasher

When Edweird and I tested his Ultralyte against my ZR3 the rear protection was non existant. It seems to be the flatness of the rearend and the reflectivity of the license plate. Nice to know where you were hit though.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    When Edweird and I tested his Ultralyte against my ZR3 the rear protection was non existant. It seems to be the flatness of the rearend and the reflectivity of the license plate. Nice to know where you were hit though.
    I'm starting to wonder if the back shifter is nothing more than a sensor.

Old Timer

^ No wondering necessary.

Unfortunately, this is a known and recognized fact.

For rear protection, LED jammers - especially a single head - simply doesn't cut it. At all.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Sneaky CHP w/laser 1, SRX 0

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but my trial was just last week. After three trial postponements, both LEOs still showed up, which sucks. Here's what happened. Well, what I thought was an on-ramp shot was an overpass shot. According to the CHP officer's testimony, he was on the south side of the overpass shooting southbound traffic. There was zero chance that I could have ever seen him prior to getting tagged. The CHP officer that pulled me over came from the on-ramp, but was not the shooter. Both the shooter and the chase car driver were present at the trial.

Anyhow, the shooter was a junior officer and knew almost nothing about the gun. I crushed him on cross-examination and made it quite clear that he had no idea. I asked about slip effect and explained how his gun actually worked and explained that there is no such thing as an instataneous reading as he called it, since the laws of physics will not allow this. I don't think he liked me much.

In the end, he won though, because the judge threw out all of my testimony due to the fact that I was not qualified as an expert witness. Totally bogus! Next time I will word my LIDAR qualifications differently, because I know that judge realizes that I knew what I was talking about. All the laser gun information I gave in court was 100% correct, but basically got thrown out on a technicality, shockingly, in law enforcement's favor. My knowledge level was leaps and bounds above that junior officer's, but he had a certificate, so he wins. This just proves once again, that we are all guilty until proven innocent in traffic court.
    Last edited by djrams80; 09-18-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Radar Fanatic

that sucks man . sorry to hear that..

well at least you dont have to worry about that happening again now though

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    In the end, he won though, because the judge threw out all of my testimony due to the fact that I was not qualified as an expert witness. Totally bogus! Next time I will word my LIDAR qualifications differently, because I know that judge realizes that I knew what I was talking about. All the laser gun information I gave in court was 100% correct, but basically got thrown out on a technicality, shockingly, in law enforcement's favor. My knowledge level was leaps and bounds above that junior officer's, but he had a certificate, so he wins. This just proves once again, that we are all guilty until proven innocent in traffic court.