Speed Demon

Default Saving up for a 9500i

Seems PERFECT for the area I drive through, at first before I got a RD all I wanted was maximum detection for everything so the V1 looked nice but after driving around with something thats quiter, and doesn't detect as good as the V1/9500i/Sti and going by all the falses is just ANNOYING especialy because I drive with a car full of friends and everytime I get a false they either start getting mad or start looking everywhere for a LEO.
    After I seen the vids of the V1 I don't know how I could survive the constant beeping all just for some arrows. Arrows are okay I guess, but I don't find it to hard to spot the LEO with my current detector and nearly 20 K and X false door openers in the small area I live in so If I just get radar from police only I don't mind the sounds from the detector plus 9500i has voice alert whitch is nice .

Anything I should know about this detector?
    Oh , and - when the ZR3 is connected to the 9500i is there any special features? What's different?

Old Timer

Default Re: Saving up for a 9500i

Quote Originally Posted by dodgesrt4driver
    Seems PERFECT for the area I drive through, at first before I got a RD all I wanted was maximum detection for everything so the V1 looked nice but after driving around with something thats quiter, and doesn't detect as good as the V1/9500i/Sti and going by all the falses is just ANNOYING especialy because I drive with a car full of friends and everytime I get a false they either start getting mad or start looking everywhere for a LEO.
    After I seen the vids of the V1 I don't know how I could survive the constant beeping all just for some arrows. Arrows are okay I guess, but I don't find it to hard to spot the LEO with my current detector and nearly 20 K and X false door openers in the small area I live in so If I just get radar from police only I don't mind the sounds from the detector plus 9500i has voice alert whitch is nice .
    My firm belief is that it's all about end-user preference. That's why I chose the 9500i, too.

Anything I should know about this detector?
    Start with your build-date, which you can find on your serial-number panel at the base of the detector. The last four numbers are the WW and YY of manufacture - "W"eek and "Y"ear.

Use that as your base-of-reference, and start looking through the many 9500i related posts here. You'll find excellent information.

As a starter, CJR238's excellent post here:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=29245

- is a great initial-briefing, and should give you enough background to make sense of the more detailed threads that you'll come across on your searches.

Oh , and - when the ZR3 is connected to the 9500i is there any special features? What's different?
    Instead of the ZR3's own indicator panel showing threat alerts and location, this function is shunted to the 9500i's display, and you will receive warning of both threat presence/detection as well as active "Shifting."

Additionally, the integration of the two units will put the muting control of BOTH devices at the discretion of the ZR3's supplied slimline mute button. This button will also then govern the mode selection of the ZR3, to go from active "Shifting" to receive-only upon "double-tap," during an active alert.

Finally, the 9500i's menu will also allow you to select between ZR3 "Shift," "Receive" or "Off."

Essentially, you'll no longer need the ZR3's indicator module to be visible, should you desire a cleaner installation.

There is, I think, however, an advantage to still having this module within secondary line-of-sight, as the initial boot-up sequence of the ZR3 still will play through the self-check program of all heads, and this checking process is only "visible" through its indicator module (although the 9500i will, upon its own startup, eventually beep to indicate that the ZR3's integration was successful).

Banned

X2 TSi+WRX
    I love my 9500I and find its the perfect RD for me. I hate falses and only want to be alerted if there is a real threat. No RD is perfect but the 9500I is pretty darn close. :wink:

dodgesrt4driver Take the time to read and look at all the attached threads in my post, it can be very helpful but also very long. ops:
    My girlfriend always brags about how my 9500I only goes off when there is a LEO, and when it does go off just a bit later there is a LEO just around the bend. 8)

Scratonicity Groupie

Saving Up? But you can have it now with 22% interest

Come on, you know you'd rather pay 640 for it to have it now.

Congrats on saving, and I hope you enjoy it.