Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Almost Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,963

    Default Post a pic of where you mount your detector.

    Just trying to get some ideas....these past two days have been extreme heat and its if I can avoid that heat mounting it up high I will do so. I'm considering trying to make my own mount; possibly something that mounts to the visor.
    Last edited by RadarKid; 06-10-2008 at 06:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    56

    Default

    I have mine mounted to the RVM in my DD and to the visor in my S2000.

  3. #3
    Almost Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,963

    Default

    has anyone noticed if detection is better HIGH on the winshield, or low just above the wiper level?

  4. #4
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    JTGville, USA
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RadarKid View Post
    has anyone noticed if detection is better HIGH on the winshield, or low just above the wiper level?
    Radar detection will always be better mounted high. You will lose a little laser detection though. I have a laser jammer so I could care less about laser detection through my V1, but it's still nice to have.

  5. #5
    Almost Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noTe View Post
    Radar detection will always be better mounted high. You will lose a little laser detection though. I have a laser jammer so I could care less about laser detection through my V1, but it's still nice to have.
    My car is average profile I guess. Its a Volvo 850, and they're kind of low.
    I've always had my detector mounted a few inches above the dash dead center...but I just put my second suction mount just behind/slightly below my rear view mirror to try it there as well. It does blackout the detector and suction cups quite well from the front....with the coil chord it makes it obvious though....

  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    JTGville, USA
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RadarKid View Post
    My car is average profile I guess. Its a Volvo 850, and they're kind of low.
    I've always had my detector mounted a few inches above the dash dead center...but I just put my second suction mount just behind/slightly below my rear view mirror to try it there as well. It does blackout the detector and suction cups quite well from the front....with the coil chord it makes it obvious though....
    It doesn't matter how high or low your car is, you need to mount it as high as you can.

    Re-route the wiring through the roof and pillars.

  7. #7
    Almost Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noTe View Post
    It doesn't matter how high or low your car is, you need to mount it as high as you can.

    Re-route the wiring through the roof and pillars.
    Can't do that till I pick up a direct cord and add a circuit. I just ordered a SmartCord and should have it tomorrow. I talked to a local automotive/audio/alarm shop and they said they usually run it off the ignition wires. I think I'd rather use a Add-a-Circuit..that way I can just move it easily to another vehicle if the detector outlasts the car!
    Last edited by RadarKid; 06-10-2008 at 09:36 AM.

  8. #8
    Scratonicity Groupie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,614

    Default

    I enjoy the enthusiasm but please give the 'search' feature a try.

  9. #9
    Almost Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thestaton View Post
    I enjoy the enthusiasm but please give the 'search' feature a try.
    I've used the search...what exactly are you referring to?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Why is higher better? I see a lot of people with corded ones up near the mirrors and smiled because it looks goofy :0

    I have mine about five inches from the bottom of my w/s. I am getting closer and closer to mounting it up high once I get the proper cord necessary.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Where to mount your detector and why
    By UAE in forum Escort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 12:29 PM
  2. Where to mount your detector. . . why here?
    By bauzer71487 in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 05:26 PM
  3. where to mount my detector??????????
    By dibymyx50 in forum Escort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 06:52 PM
  4. Detector mount.
    By holein1 in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 07:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •