Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Newcomer

Default Introductions

New member just saying hi. Picked up a 9500ci and looking forward to installing it.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Introductions

Quote Originally Posted by ajSvat View Post
    New member just saying hi. Picked up a 9500ci and looking forward to installing it.
    There are lots of concerns to installing this unit properly. The radar antenna cannot be mounted behind anything for proper performance. It must have a clear look at the road, be mounted right side up and fairly straight and level.

It is critical that the laser jammers(shifters) not be mounted behind anything and that they are mounted straight and level and positioned properly. If you have any questions, ASK THEM!!! We around here have lots of experience with this system.

What car are you installing this system on?

Newcomer

I have almost completed the install on a SLK 350.
    Rear shifter is not installed yet as I haven’t decided if I want it (not very stealthy) on the license plate. And I am not sure how legal it is here in Alberta. I’ve heard so many different opinions. One says legal and then someone says not…lol

Yes I was very aware that the shifters needed a clear view ahead and this posed some difficulties as I wanted this install to be as stealthy as possible. I finally decided on the inside of the mid grill. By carefully removing 2 grill slats (per side) the width of the shifters I managed to get the placement I was somewhat satisfied with.

Wiring was very easy on this car with no drilling necessary. I packaged all the wires into a nice plastic loom and routed it all thru a pre existing hole in the firewall to the left of the brake pedal. I assume the hole was there for a standard shift model.

My biggest problem is where to mount the LED warning, Control Module, and the Display Module. For the time being until I decide they are temporarily placed to the side of the driver seat.

Yoda of Radar

I skipped the LED.

Newcomer

Welcome

Speed Demon

Welcome to the boards! Sounds like a nice car and clean install... can't wait for pics!

Newcomer

Thanks everyone,
    Almost completed the install but still unsure where to mount things inside the car. Need some time to think about it. When the weather warms up I’ll see what I can do about getting some pictures of the installation.

Newcomer

Welcome!

Newcomer

Welcome.

Newcomer

welcome