Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting a V1 soon

Probably getting one this evening from craigslist. Need it for my interstate driving back/forth from college.

Experienced

Default Re: Getting a V1 soon

Welcome to the forum! Ask the seller for the s/n to make sure its not stolen. You can check this out on the V1 website.

Yoda of Radar

About 50% of V1s bought used end up needing immediate repair, so beware.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Capid1 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Ask the seller for the s/n to make sure its not stolen. You can check this out on the V1 website.
    I have seen the section on the VR site where one can input the serial number to see if there are any available updates to the version. Is this the same your talking about? or is there another section specifically for what your talking about?

Thanks

V1 - for the road
    9500ix - for town

Experienced

It would be the same.

It's shows 1.7 but the seller stated that he upgraded to 1.8 a few months ago. Waiting for him to do the software test to see which version it is.

Experienced

It would be the same.
    So instead of showing if there is an available update - it would result in some other notification showing it's stolen - and no info if it's up to date or not?
    Sorry - just curious because this is good info to know should I ever run into a good deal on a used V1. I would not want a stolen unit, and if I come across a deal that I might consider, I would want to run this information.
    I'd probably buy new anyway, but still, good to know this stuff.
    Thanks again.

V1 - open road
    9500ix - in town

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bolt View Post
    It would be the same.
    So instead of showing if there is an available update - it would result in some other notification showing it's stolen - and no info if it's up to date or not?
    Sorry - just curious because this is good info to know should I ever run into a good deal on a used V1. I would not want a stolen unit, and if I come across a deal that I might consider, I would want to run this information.
    I'd probably buy new anyway, but still, good to know this stuff.
    Thanks again.

V1 - open road
    9500ix - in town
    I called them awhile back ago about one I found on Craiglist and they told me it was good to go. I also asked them that same question and they said it show up as an invalid number not "stolen V1" or anything like that.

Experienced

"I called them awhile back ago about one I found on Craiglist and they told me it was good to go. I also asked them that same question and they said it show up as an invalid number not "stolen V1" or anything like that."

Thanks - so I see
    "Invalid Number" = stolen
    otherwise it should show if an update is available or it's already up to date.

So it seems if one get's their V1 stolen - one of the things to do would be to let VR know about it. Just have to hope who ever was the owner before the unit got stolen, lets VR know and not to put it off too long.

Like I say, if I buy another, it will probably be new. But the thought has crossed my mind if a used one came up for a hard to pass deal, then there is at least one thing to consider - running the serial on the VR site to see what results appear. Buying used from a total stranger for a cheap price = consider if it's stolen.

Thanks for the clarification.

V1 - open road--open game
    9500ix - town combat mission runs

Power User

I got mine off Craigs list. I figure if the seller has the box, and all accessories it is most likely not stolen. If he only has the V1 and the cord Beware IMO. I checked the serial number on V1 before buying also.