Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LI Question

Lead Foot

Default LI Question

Just finishing up installing the LI now. When I turn it on it says "Connection to sensors 3 are poor or bad" then after a few seconds it says "parking aid deactivated".

I only have 2 sensors installed, in slot 1 and 2. Nothing in 3 or 4. Is this a problem or what?

Experienced

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DougiesGoinDeep View Post
    Just finishing up installing the LI now. When I turn it on it says "Connection to sensors 3 are poor or bad" then after a few seconds it says "parking aid deactivated".

I only have 2 sensors installed, in slot 1 and 2. Nothing in 3 or 4. Is this a problem or what?
    just connect sensors to ports 2 and 3 because that is default setting on newer CPU's...
    that way each sensor is on a separate channel, so if one is blinded by the sun and other isn't only one is operating with lovered sensitivity ;-)

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by ivva View Post
    just connect sensors to ports 2 and 3 because that is default setting on newer CPU's...
    that way each sensor is on a separate channel, so if one is blinded by the sun and other isn't only one is operating with lovered sensitivity ;-)

If a person starts with a 2 head then upgrades, a person with the right cable can change the settings at home right?

Also, can you get an LI enabled with 3 heads and only run 2 heads until a person buys the 3rd?

Lead Foot

perfect, thanks

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    If a person starts with a 2 head then upgrades, a person with the right cable can change the settings at home right?

Also, can you get an LI enabled with 3 heads and only run 2 heads until a person buys the 3rd?
    you can use plain rs-232 pin to pin cable and LI sw to adjust many settings at will...

Here's a quick list of the fields and help text for them in the current version of the software. I may have also added in a comment or info that was posted in a thread.
    Values are what I saw as defaults. X indicated setting.

Parametric setings

Parking Aid Length 30 (after turning on device, time to be in parking mode 10000 for indefinate)
    SIA recycle (15-255) 120 (Sun warning repeat time)
    Light activator length 0 (Not available in this version)

Check for firmware updates

FIXED options settings

(Sun Interence Alert Setting) Affects warning, not sensitivity the meaning of SIA alert is to let the user know that sun may interfere with LI performance and to drive carefully
    SIA Off
    SIA Low X
    SIA Mid
    SIA High

(Unknown gun warning) 6.14 > just affects alerts, jamming occurs any setting
    Unknown gun alert enable X
    Unknown gun alert disable

(Parking mode switch installed or not)
    Park SW En
    Park SW Dis X

(Parking Aid Timer ON or Off)
    Parking aid ON X
    Parking Aid OFF

(Parking Sensor Sensitivity)
    Middle Sensitivity X
    Hi Sensitivity

Sensor Assignment
    Front Rear OFF
    Sensor 1 X
    Sensor 2 X
    Sensor 3 X
    Sensor 4 X

Connect (connect to device)
    Load Setup (load settings from device)
    Upload (upload setting to device)
    Voice (voice warning files preparator)
    Quit (Exit program)

for more info try search here and on Li forum :-)

Old Timer

for more info try search here and on Li forum :-)
    Definitely sign-up at the LI Forums, if you have a LI. It only makes sense!

---

DGD, the reason ports 2 and 3 are used is for "split logic."

In this manner, if only one head up front is receiving sun-glare, the hope is that the other, due to whatever circumstances, may not be seeing the same glare, and thus remain unaffected.

More on this, from Ivan, directly, via the "Strange Problem" thread, in the "LI-Problems" sub-Forum of the LI Forums.

Lead Foot

I'll definately check out the LI forums, but first let me just add that now the sensors are in ports 2 and 3 and there is still a problem.

Upon starting the car, it says "connection to sensors 2 are bad or poor". but if I manually switch it off then back on it says "welcome" then "parking aid deactivated". I just got back from a hundred plus mile drive (no lasers unfortunately, except for an Infiniti that only set off the V1) where I stopped a few times and got this error everytime. And everytime, turning it off then back on, while the car was running, seemed to correct the problem.

Experienced

Low voltage perhaps?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Low voltage perhaps?
    I do have it plugged into a splitter with a GPS on the other side. The splitter says 3 amp max. Am I overpowering it?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by DougiesGoinDeep View Post
    I do have it plugged into a splitter with a GPS on the other side. The splitter says 3 amp max. Am I overpowering it?
    What do you mean by a splitter? When I think splitter I think of a cigaretter lighter splitter.