Radar Fanatic

Default Details on the switches and LEDs???

Hi all,

So after a couple years of "getting by" I just ordered a set of LIs from Cliff, who btw made things as smooth as humanly possible. As I am awaiting my new jammers I am trying to plan my install and thus I am curious as to the exact switches, speakers, leds and other components that might need mounting. I was going to replace the trim inside my car where the I had the switch, led, and mute button for my old LPP, but i just learned that the trim piece is part of a larger electronics assembly and costs $324. So I am trying to find how I can mount the LI in the same three holes that I already have. My guess is that I will have to leave at least something from my old setup in (and unused) so that there is no hole in this piece of trim. Anyone have a good picture of the speaker, LED, and Switch? also does anyone know what size drills are needed for mounting the switch ect.

Also while I have a thread open people often talk about upgrading the speaker to something else, could I somehow share this with the external speaker for my CB radio?

Thanks

Default Re: Details on the switches and LEDs???

The LI Power and PA/JAM Switches both share the same requirement for installation, 3/4 inch. The LED is built into the switch.

As to a speaker, I recommend this one if you can find it as RB is SOLD OUT: http://www.radarbusters.com/radar-de...nalspeaker.cfm

Cliff
    Last edited by Laser-InterceptorUSA; 06-02-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by carter840 View Post
    Hi all,

So after a couple years of "getting by" I just ordered a set of LIs from Cliff, who btw made things as smooth as humanly possible. As I am awaiting my new jammers I am trying to plan my install and thus I am curious as to the exact switches, speakers, leds and other components that might need mounting. I was going to replace the trim inside my car where the I had the switch, led, and mute button for my old LPP, but i just learned that the trim piece is part of a larger electronics assembly and costs $324. So I am trying to find how I can mount the LI in the same three holes that I already have. My guess is that I will have to leave at least something from my old setup in (and unused) so that there is no hole in this piece of trim. Anyone have a good picture of the speaker, LED, and Switch? also does anyone know what size drills are needed for mounting the switch ect.

Also while I have a thread open people often talk about upgrading the speaker to something else, could I somehow share this with the external speaker for my CB radio?

Thanks
    It's very likely that you will find the LI speaker to be clearly audible and loud enough unless you like the radio/CD cranked way up. Just wait to see if it's satisfactory as is, then decide. No additional LED is beneficial IMO. I have one but it was a waste of time and a few dollars. Bottom line: Don't solve any problems untill you have one.

JL

Radar Fanatic

Just go the LI! Cliff I am very excited. I am guessing I should mount bubbles towards the outside?

As for the speaker I am worried that where I am mounting the control box it might muffle the sound too much. If I wanted to wire it up to my internal speaker that I use for my CB how would I do that?

Bubbles out!

Any communication speaker will be fine, amplified is better though depending on the location chosen.

Cliff

PS. You need to change your signature!

Radar Fanatic

After about 5 hours the install is complete. A brief test with the LTI Marksman shows good stuff, but more tests will follow tomorrow. I agree that the speaker doesn't need any extra strength. I think my next step might be to add the parking circuit. The voices are awesome and very informative.

Cliff- thanks for all the help

My pleasure!

Nice Signature!

Cliff