Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Laser Interceptor Porsche 997 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Stalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    There's way more higher chance to get owned with IO radar then it is to get owned because I did not put 6 jammers on my car.
    Absolutely. But only an idiot would ignore one threat simply because another is covered.

The chances of that scenario are slim and you know it, but do not want to admit it.
    The chances of you knowing what you are talking about are zilch, but you obviously wouldn't admit it even if you knew it. You won't find three people in this community that know anywhere near what I know about LEO enforcement techniques, and certainly not you. You're living in a theoretical fantasy world. I am living in the world of LEOs. And the vast majority of them shoot from around curves and over hills, hardy a "slim" chance scenario.

Again, I could not care less what you believe or do. But I draw the line at you recklessly and ignorantly misleading other members of the community.
    Oh OK. So I guess then pmoth and crazyvolvorob are also ignorantly and recklessly misleading others too. I suppose they live in beautiful fantasy worlds.

I suppose you are a terrible poker player too as you do not believe in chances and odds or you just don't know how to calculate probability, because that's all this speeding game is anyway.

And the Leo enforcement techniques you know?? I guess one of them techniques is to have ****ty aim, and hope for a PT as you mentioned in your previous post. That's quite a technique.

Yoda of Radar

And the Leo enforcement techniques you know?? I guess one of them techniques is to have ****ty aim, and hope for a PT as you mentioned in your previous post. That's quite a technique.
    In fact, it is the predominant technique, although it would probably best be called a "lack of technique." You cannot possibly believe that a large percentage of LEOs sit in a lounge chair, with a gun on a tripod, in the middle of the road, and never hit anything but a specific point they aimed for 2000 feet away. cVr doesn't believe that. In fact he was one of the first here to make that point years ago.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Advanced Member

In fact, it is the predominant technique, although it would probably best be called a "lack of technique." You cannot possibly believe that a large percentage of LEOs sit in a lounge chair, with a gun on a tripod, in the middle of the road, and never hit anything but a specific point they aimed for 2000 feet away. cVr doesn't believe that. In fact he was one of the first here to make that point years ago.
    I don't shoot from a lounge chair and I don't shot from the middle of the road usually exactly how MA troopers and NYST. SS have you look at the laser traps happy$$ sees on the daily in a state that has perfect laser usage? Rally how many traps are 75-100feet off the road elevated 50feet and then with a sharp curve in the road at 800ish feet???

Honestly it's has been proven that the steadier shot the more easier it is to Get a speed reading. Specially with front plates that are retro reflective which most are... The reflective of the plate is king. So much so that I don't run a plate when I am not in my home state. Ye ah sure unsteadiness could result in an unsteady shot but it doesn't make for a good video

Why doesn't Ivan doesn't test his jammers that way?

You guys are all way to paranoid and it's quite comical. I remember how you thought your toed out heads on impala was going to be a good strategy... Lol
    Last edited by crazyVOLVOrob; 06-29-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Last edited by SaltyinNJ; 06-29-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Radar Fanatic

and just to add, Stealth Stalker is obviously an experienced and intelligent member. I always value his opinions and all, no doubt of that. I was simply arguing about the necessity of 3 heads, esp with LI. He's right that a sloppy shooter may get PT at a weak spot. Very possible. But a very steady hand or tripod aiming at bright spots may be even more dangerous.

But sometimes the way he conveys his knowledge and pokes at other peoples knowledge is rather odd. Like some new members that come in here and he walks all over them. Not a nice way to keep ppl around here.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    I don't shoot from a lounge chair and I don't shot from the middle of the road usually exactly how MA troopers and NYST. SS have you look at the laser traps happy$$ sees on the daily in a state that has perfect laser usage? Rally how many traps are 75-100feet off the road elevated 50feet and then with a sharp curve in the road at 800ish feet???

Honestly it's has been proven that the steadier shot the more easier it is to Get a speed reading. Specially with front plates that are retro reflective which most are... The reflective of the plate is king. So much so that I don't run a plate when I am not in my home state. Ye ah sure unsteadiness could result in an unsteady shot but it doesn't make for a good video

Why doesn't Ivan doesn't test his jammers that way?

You guys are all way to paranoid and it's quite comical. I remember how you thought your toed out heads on impala was going to be a good strategy... Lol
    Yes! Lmao.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Advanced Member

and just to add, Stealth Stalker is obviously an experienced and intelligent member. I always value his opinions and all, no doubt of that. I was simply arguing about the necessity of 3 heads, esp with LI. He's right that a sloppy shooter may get PT at a weak spot. Very possible. But a very steady hand or tripod aiming at bright spots may be even more dangerous.

But sometimes the way he conveys his knowledge and pokes at other peoples knowledge is rather odd. Like some new members that come in here and he walks all over them. Not a nice way to keep ppl around here.
    Oh.. So you've noticed that too huh. Thought I was the only one.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Professional

I remember how you thought your toed out heads on impala was going to be a good strategy... Lol
    On a side note toed out heads works great on my car.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    I remember how you thought your toed out heads on impala was going to be a good strategy... Lol
    Toed out heads on the SS impala was 1000ft + punchthrough. No car is the same

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Toed out heads on the SS impala was 1000ft + punchthrough. No car is the same
    very true, we tried this setup with a former member's car and his performance was decreased as the angle of the outer heads increased. With my car the performance went up at an angle of 20 degrees O.o

I think it works on smaller less reflective cars