Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Laser Interceptor Porsche 997 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    Rally how many traps are 75-100feet off the road elevated 50feet and then with a sharp curve in the road at 800ish feet???
    "And then" makes it a whole nother question than what I was addressing. It's an either/or situation. One of those two situations (curve/hilltop/overpass or off-road angle) exists in the vast majority of traps I see.

Honestly it's has been proven that the steadier shot the more easier it is to Get a speed reading. Specially with front plates that are retro reflective which most are... The reflective of the plate is king. So much so that I don't run a plate when I am not in my home state. Ye ah sure unsteadiness could result in an unsteady shot but it doesn't make for a good video

Why doesn't Ivan doesn't test his jammers that way?
    You just answered your own question. It doesn't make good video. And testing involves assuring consistent, reproducible results. Cops don't know or care anything about scientific method or reproducible results. The rules of scientific method are of no concern to them. They aim in your general direction, without the benefit of stability, and pull the trigger until they
    see a speed. Without that support, even if they are aiming at a specific target, that's not necessarily what they hit. Works the same way in a gunfight. Watch the news. Not the mention the expansion on your point about the licence plate. Just like the headlights, it reflects in all directions, not just straight ahead. That's the point of retroreflective material.

You guys are all way to paranoid and it's quite comical. I remember how you thought your toed out heads on impala was going to be a good strategy... Lol
    Your memory is a hallucination. If my heads were ever toed-out, it was not because I thought it was a good idea. It was simply how they were until they got tested. Ask the guys who tested with me. Perhaps you are thinking of my speculation that an extra set of heads, toed-out, might help address an existing off-axis weakness, a theory I am often on record as saying is strictly theoretical and untested.

A healthy dose of paranoia would help you out considerably. You have been lulled into a false sense of security by predictable, yankee, union cops and flat roads. The funny thing is, when you're an attorney some day, you'll find yourself making the same arguments that I am making right now. I won't expect you to thank me though, lol.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Speed Demon
    Driving in the left lane, 10 MPH below the PSL, with my turn signal on!

I think the key to performance of Riptide's toed out heads is the third head in the center, facing straight ahead. 3 heads with two toed out > 3 heads straight ahead > two heads traditional install.

Advanced Member

Interesting... Many of us have been all over the country and have experienced laser traps and very creative hiding spots. Doesn't matter if it's the northeast, south, or midwest. Have seen the same old crap everywhere. Overpass shots, slightly behind underpass shots, 0-45 deg off axis shots, over the hill shots, Leos shooting from behind trees, Leos shooting from behind guardrails, Leos shooting from behind road signs, Leos shooting through glass, Leos shooting in the rain, sub 200ft to point blank range shots, and also some of those encounters while driving towards the blinding sun. All of those have taken place in CT or MA. Have also experienced some of them in NY, FL, and IN. Never had a single issue with them. 2 LI heads, level and aligned, and even one head in some instances have been more than sufficient.

Admittedly, I've never been to the glorious state of Texas where the really creative Leos use tactics that were derived from SF training. I'll be there for the F1 race next year and MotoGP race if it's finalized, and will look forward to encountering these ultra creative and ultra common 70 deg off axis shots and those Leos who target while dangling on a rope upside down from trees. I'm sure it'll be an enlightening experience.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

So wait are you guys saying to install the lasers at an outward angle?

I could do 1 under each headlight slightly facing out, and 1 in the middle of front bumper facing directly forward since i am doing 3 heads on front

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    and just to add, Stealth Stalker is obviously an experienced and intelligent member. I always value his opinions and all, no doubt of that...

But sometimes the way he conveys his knowledge and pokes at other peoples knowledge is rather odd. Like some new members that come in here and he walks all over them. Not a nice way to keep ppl around here.
    You are a gentleman for saying so. Much respect, and apologies for the attitude.

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth View Post
    Interesting... Many of us have been all over the country and have experienced laser traps and very creative hiding spots. Doesn't matter if it's the northeast, south, or midwest. Have seen the same old crap everywhere. Overpass shots, slightly behind underpass shots, 0-45 deg off axis shots, over the hill shots, Leos shooting from behind trees, Leos shooting from behind guardrails, Leos shooting from behind road signs, Leos shooting through glass, Leos shooting in the rain, sub 200ft to point blank range shots, and also some of those encounters while driving towards the blinding sun. All of those have taken place in CT or MA. Have also experienced some of them in NY, FL, and IN.
    This is exactly what I am saying. That's why I am so confused by those like cVr, who keep talking like none of the above ever happens up there.

Never had a single issue with them. 2 LI heads, level and aligned, and even one head in some instances have been more than sufficient.
    Come on, Bro. You know how absolutely irrelevant your performance is when discussing someone else's car and install. Each one is an entirely different case. If every car and install were equal, we could all save our time and money and quit all our independent testing.

Admittedly, I've never been to the glorious state of Texas where the really creative Leos use tactics that were derived from SF training. I'll be there for the F1 race next year and MotoGP race if it's finalized, and will look forward to encountering these ultra creative and ultra common 70 deg off axis shots and those Leos who target while dangling on a rope upside down from trees. I'm sure it'll be an enlightening experience.
    Again, I know for a fact they're doing the same things up there. This forum is full of the reports and even videos. It's just difficult to get cVr and others to publicly admit it, for some bizarre reason.

And the fact still remains that, despite what you think you know just from casual observation, I'm still the only one in this conversation that is intimately familiar with how cops think. And how they think is much more important to us than how they are trained. Most tactics are the result of experience, not training.
    Last edited by Stealth Stalker; 07-03-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Advanced Member

Stealthy, don't twist my words. They are simple. Almost everything I've posted in my first paragraph of what you quoted is "normal." That is what I consider normal and I'm sure most, including CVR consider this normal. Doesn't matter what vehicle the install is done on, two LI standard powered Dual heads installed correctly on anything smaller than a Hummer H2 is more than sufficient to provide the time and distance needed to slow down in 99% of the situations that occur out there in the real world.

What we have a problem with is the BS that others spread about 2 LI heads NOT being enough for a tiny little sports car. WTF kinda propaganda is that? Members choose to use test roads that simulate extremely unrealistic real world engagement scenarios, all while aiming in such a way as to not illicit a response from the jammer on a vehicle they know is equipped with one, targeting for anywhere from 15 - 45 secs, and then using these skewed results to influence newer members into wasting money and resources. Unreal and uncool.

I've never once witnessed a Leo, anywhere that I've visited, using Fritter-like tactics or going commando with lidar guns like you guys claim happen in Texas and where ever else you've seen them. I don't know of any Laser Interceptor owners who have had their heads properly installed get owned by a Leo. The Leos up here and everywhere else I've been are not doing the same thing as those in Texas. Fact, maybe. Opinion, maybe. TIFWIW

I agree with your last paragraph Stealthy for the most part, but that's about all I agree with. I do have friends that are Leos and have been for a very long time. I have also had many convos with randoms. The common response is "I just aim and pull the trigger till i get a reading. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it's really difficult."

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because I definitely do not agree with you on "normal" Leo lidar tactics nor with those vocal members of the ECCTG who actively mislead newbies based on the unnatural results that they have acquired. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you guys are coming from and can appreciate your opinions. Thanks.

Keep it real and everything will be "irie!" Keep living in a fantasy world and people will continue to waste money, resources, and time...
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sam12345 View Post
    So wait are you guys saying to install the lasers at an outward angle?

I could do 1 under each headlight slightly facing out, and 1 in the middle of front bumper facing directly forward since i am doing 3 heads on front
    NO!!!!!

All your heads should be facing directly down the road!!! Do NOT start playing with Angling the heads. Right now don't try an reinvent the wheel as we know having all the heads directly
    down the road is your best bet for bet performance. PLEASE FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!! Which means all heads pointed directly down the road!

Here is a video of a possible install to think about and has yield actual good real world results:

Last edited by crazyVOLVOrob; 07-03-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Power User

Last edited by v1user; 09-20-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Speed Demon
    Driving in the left lane, 10 MPH below the PSL, with my turn signal on!

Pmoth, due to the public nature of this forum, I decided that I will not educate LEOs and those who visit here only to learn how to defeat our CMs. I and others like me will only discuss these topics in secure forum where those who we don't know to be trustworthy are not permitted. You should search for those places. Sorry, links are not allowed here.

In the past year many members of ECCTG have seen changes in tactics by LEOs and manufacturers. Today I would estimate 90- 95% of encounters are traditional. Over time I expect that number to decrease. A member on here recently posted his first ecounter after having his LIs instslled. This encounter was not traditional. I thought my LI dual on the front of my car was bulletproof, and our initial testing was JTG. When we started duplicating what we have seen in real life, I learned my set up was not bulletproof.

Just as LE10 were JTG 15 years ago, gun technology has greatly changed, and more changes are coming. Again don't want to reveal what we know on a public forum, but our knowledge about the guns, our CMs and how to install them have increased greatly.

Sam, due to you vehicle's design, your best install would be for all heads to be facing straight forward.