Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default using Laser jamming in ontario?

hey I was wondering how people are doing using laser jamming in ontario? anyone get caught with it? what happened? how risky is it? thanks for your help everyone!

Good Citizen

Default Re: using Laser jamming in ontario?

Chances are very slim to get caught if you JTK(shut the unit off after slowing down). Im from BC, and so far have never had any problems with the police. AT ALL. You will be fine as long as you dont jam them for too long.

When I first bought my laser jammer I was concerned as well how "legal" they were and you should be fine.

Speed Demon

Be very careful using them in Ontario. All LEO's (local and OPP) who do traffic enforcement, are like Nazi's in this province. JTK and don't draw attention to yourself and you should be okay.

Newcomer

i have a modded 335 and I'm worried that my car is not really to subtle and that it might be kind of bait when he can't get a modded beamer or is that just me being paranoid? I'm sure many of you hear have much more expensive cars and i would love your opinion as well.

Good Citizen

Folks will scare you about being TASERed, dragged away in handcuffs and beaten with night sticks for jamming (this is the internet after all).

But in my experience being caught is EXTREMELY unlikely if you just follow the recommendations. But if you are really worried about it just set your jammer to quit jamming after a few seconds. Then all YOU have to do is brake whenever you hear it and your odds of being caught drop to almost zero IMO.

(And be an ordinary looking guy driving an ordinary looking car - don't smirk at the LEO as you pass by etc... ALL common sense stuff).

Bob

'' (And be an ordinary looking guy driving an ordinary looking car - don't smirk at the LEO as you pass by etc... ALL common sense stuff). ''

gOOD point , sarcasticly I would add , look at him like you feel sorry for him ...ough .
    O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!
    Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible;
    and hence hold the enemy's fate in our hands.

-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War, c. 500bc

Newcomer

yes i would like to hear more feedback using jammers in ontario i have an m3 i would set the jammer to shut off after 3 seconds. would this be ok? My m3 is unique where i can install the jammer heads in my headlights and i will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by mc5 View Post
    yes i would like to hear more feedback using jammers in ontario i have an m3 i would set the jammer to shut off after 3 seconds. would this be ok? My m3 is unique where i can install the jammer heads in my headlights and i will do this.
    In some cases ,3 secs could be fine , it is a case by case analysis.

You would be better of to install a secondary switch in series , easily reachable but hidden, as soon you reach an ''acceptable speed'' : you kill the whole system.
    O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!
    Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible;
    and hence hold the enemy's fate in our hands.

-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War, c. 500bc

Speed Demon

I make it a habit to NEVER look them in the eye when passing after a JTK. I play it like I don't even know they're there. Works great with sunglasses!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacal View Post
    I make it a habit to NEVER look them in the eye when passing after a JTK. I play it like I don't even know they're there. Works great with sunglasses!
    That is excellent advice!!